Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The rattle from hell

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
There is a rattle occuring on my beloved that seems to be coming from the steering column, or somewhere in it's close vicinity. It's coming from what appears to be the right hand side, and only occurs around the 50-60 mark. Any ideas on what this may be?
Sound wise, it is like a vibration/rattle. Not very loud, not aggresive sounding, and sort-of sounds like dash/plastic rub or somthing similar.

Huge

Turbine Wag
Reaction score
Members Ride
25th Anniversary
Maybe a dumb suggestion, key ring?
Mine rattles sometimes and I keep forgeting and think it is prt of the dash/colum. I only have one of those tiny LED lights attached.

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
I found that moving the tilt lever on the steering column slightly gets rid of an annoying rattle that developed recently....try that.

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
ive currently got an annoying sound from mine too,mines more of a squeek,tried altering the column height adj and it still does it.any ideas??

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
Sorry I didnt reply earlier, net was down yesterday. I'll try the column lever, and see it how it goes. Thanks for the ideas :)

The Macross

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Executive V6
I had a clicking / scrapping sound in mine as well as shuddering, had in sent in to Holden and they had to replace springs in the steering column and all the high pressure hoses.

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
This def' sounds like it is coming from inside the cabin, but still no luck. Also, it seems to happen less when the car is warm (inside) which leads me to belive that it is plastic vibrating.

kaps

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2
There was a service techline on the steering collum adjuster lever hitting on the plastis collum.
The fix was to bend the lever to prevent touching.

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
Thanks kaps, i'll check it out. :)