Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The sad end to my VK.

traindriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Sedan 3.3 Injected
Dude I know how it is.
Three weeks ago a yeti on a motorbike lost it passing cars, hit me in my silver VK wagon with such force it blew me off the road and into a ditch!!
My poor old wagon was pretty bent.
We had to do hard out first aid on the bike rider who did rolly polly's down the road and ended up with compund fractures and wounds literally to the bone!! Dudes still alive but I was looking at one of his arm bones through a big hole in his arm while we we working to stop the bleeding....

Left me real road shy that did. We got a new mortgage not too long ago and had a bit of spare cash and managed to pick up a nice and tidy VK 3.3 injected but seriously man, I drive like a NANA now!!

Hearts out to you man - no idea what caused your throttle to stick, maybe a bolt or nut came loose in the linkages and the bump going from the road to the carpark or a speedbump was the last little bit it needed...

Chin up.

Andrew Of NZ

ralphalfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB 4.2l Wagon
That's horrible man

Hope everything works out ok for you...

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
oh man, i feel for you
i don't think i would be driving ever again if that happened to me
but hay at least you can now say your car has enough guts to push like 4 cars :D
hope you feel better soon, Pattis

Mr Robbo - The General

Defect Notice Attractor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Statesman 5L
AHHHH - why must we all write off our pretty VK's .... :'(.... they have to be the coolest old cars, I smashed mine up a good one to. Decided it would look better with a fence post jammed into the rear.... I made a new post a while ago that has the details of my crash, im trying to get ideas for fixing it lol...

ef_classic

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF S2 classic
I was once being a fool around our paddock in my ef Falcon and went sideways into a post...it is the worst feeling damaging your pride and joy.
Atleast it teaches us a lesson.

K

kel_VK_Calais

this has happned to a mate of mine too....took out a signpost at the top of the street, ever since then I've always been scared that it'll happen to me...sorry to hear about this mate.

Mr Robbo - The General

Defect Notice Attractor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Statesman 5L
lol, yeah..... The vk is recoverable, costly little exercise though. Just a stupid thing to do. Too much right foot in the wet. I wont do it again i know that much.