Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// The Stig's 1992 535i M Spec

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
Putting automotive electronics in a swimming pool is a British trait not German. Of course there was always going to be a drain hole at the bottom :p

How about the Welsh?

I say that not because I did not know they were there.. I say that because I did not know they were blocked until they were, as it was.

Last edited:

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
thought victoria police crushed this thing already?

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
Job Done!

Process Complete

It's tedious work, but with dedication and the right music you can get through the lengthy 5 part process:

- Thorough Wash
- Clay Bar Paint Prep
- Resin Polish
- Deep Gloss Protectant
- Misc: Tyre Gloss, Armour All, Rainex

uc

uc

24 Years and counting. Turns heads where ever it goes!

Last edited:

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Looks mint as , that number plate photochop needs more angle on the E34

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
Timing

As if in reward for all my hard work over the weekend, today I received a delivery from Peninsula BM.

I had been meaning to complete my in car tool kit for some time, as when the car was purchased it was missing both the dual ended screwdriver (Schraubenzieher) and the water pump pliers (Wasserpumpenzange).

Pen BM came through with wonderful service as always. Whilst browsing their store I snapped up the First Aid Kit (Verbandskasten) on an impulse buy. Photos below.

What was delivered:
uc

What's inside the Verbandskasten:
uc

Der komplette Werkzeugkasten:
uc

Unter dem Sitz:
uc

Last edited:

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
Love this Stuff

Those who were paying attention to the Car Spa post above will have noticed the Tube of Nulon G70 Gearbox and Differential Treatment sitting off to the side in the first photo.

I spent the time yesterday afternoon to perform an oil change on both my gearbox and diff.

As it turned out the oil in the diff (Penrite Pro Gear 80w-140 Full Synth) was still a nice translucent shade of golden brown, like it had just been poured from the bottle. You would not have thought it to be 30,000kms old. I left that in the diff, drained a little of the excess and squeezed half a tube of the G70 in.

The gearbox oil seems to have had a much harder life. The Dexron III was about as viscous as water and a very deep shade of midnight black. I drained that and filled the Getrag up with a new batch of Penrite DX-III. The remaining 125ml of G70 went in along with it.

All I can say is

"JESUS ####ING CHRIST! What a difference!"

Any perceptible trace of driveline friction has been removed. The car positively slinks along the road. Rolls FOREVER! Shifting feels like the slightly inappropriate touch of a teenage Aphrodite draped in the finest Egyptian silk. The total lack of gear noise is almost creepy.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

uc

G70 - If you drive manual, GET ON IT.

Last edited:

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
To settle an online debate...

In preparation for an upcoming re-trim of my seats I procured this E32 Rear Seat with funky head rests and fold down arm rest/storage compartment for $100.00

Half of the Internet states that they won't fit on account of the E32 being wider than the E34 and the other half state that they will. Looks like I am going to have to find out for myself on this one.

uc

Last edited: