Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Stimulus Package Thread

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
haven't got mine yet, the girlfriend made me promise to use it to pay off my Credit card and said she'd be really, really angry if she found out i'd spent any on anything else...

...yeah i laughed too, it's going in the 5 litre fund.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
My gf has her's... I'm still waiting on mine...

THough I've already spent 250 of mine on a new graphics card... but I had the money for that anyway.

Also on the shopping list is a present for the gf (Don't tell her :p)
New dress watch for me... one of those ones that doesn't have a battery and moving around winds(sp... wind seems wrong?) it up

And the rest will be blown at a converse store on shirts, a new messenger bag and shoes...

Now it's just the waiting game...

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Tossing up whether i should trade my car in for a vtII clubby and use the rudd money on bits and pieces for it.. very tempting.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
All I can say, as car enthusiasts it does open up a lot of possibilities for our hobbies and interests... I know to some it's only $900 but for some it's $900!

Just on the price it'll get you:
- Registration
- Insurance
- Cat back exhaust and extractors
- Repairs
- Wheels and tyres
- ICE components
- Suspension stuff
- Old project car
- Tinted Windows
- Some of the above with change left over!
- etc.

Of coarse for those with partners the budget is a touch less than $900, haha. Looking forward to seeing where some of you folks put your money in the My Ride section (if you choose to sink it in your car)

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
Mine's going towards the $1450 I owe my dad for converting my car to gas.

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
Havnt got mine yet.....but will go on rego,new power steer pump,and tyres.......

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
New dress watch for me... one of those ones that doesn't have a battery and moving around winds(sp... wind seems wrong?) it up

I think you mean a Kinetic Watch.
unless the technology has changed in the last 10 years, the watches are utter crap.
the theory is sound, however, the reality is very different.
this is something you really should look up and read some reviews about before you go splashing the money on one.

As for the $900 - havent got it yet and dont know what to spend it on.

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Got mine yesterday, paid off some personal debt, saving some for new furniture, rest goes toward car service on Monday. I was originally going to use it for my tinted windows which I'm getting tomorrow (yay!) but I had saved up that myself. $900 is great, its helped, but in the scheme of things its not that much.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
I think you mean a Kinetic Watch.
unless the technology has changed in the last 10 years, the watches are utter crap.
the theory is sound, however, the reality is very different.
this is something you really should look up and read some reviews about before you go splashing the money on one.

As for the $900 - havent got it yet and dont know what to spend it on.

i think cheap ones might be crap, i got a hell expenso one (bought it cheaper tho) and it never misses a beat. doesn't lose time or run out of charge, only does that if i take it off and leave it off for a couple of days.

tag have a rad one that instead of a pendulum spinning in a full 360, has a piston that goes up and down. i went to the launch of it and it had a massive mock up, looked sick.