Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The study thread (highschool, tertiary all welcome)

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
may as well chip in here
i'm doing 'college' in canberra .. its year 11 and 12 but different to nsw & vic etc. basically its not compulsory. so there are no classes you have to do. its pretty much like uni, they dont care if you dont go they'll just kick you out of the class. no reminders for assignments all that sort of stuff.
its pretty ****.. learning alot but hard. on average, for a 9 week term i will get 3 bits of assessment per class, so i do 6 classes so i get 18 things to do in nine weeks plus school -- good fun.

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
I finished all my exams with either distinctions or high distinctions :)

Heard tafe fee's have gone up, this year i paid 1000, next year will be 2500 :(, ahwell

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
soooooooooo... how did everyone go!?

I ended up getting First Class Honours :) (I think averaged about 83 or so for the year)

First class honours hey? Congrats. Now you can go straight into a PhD without stuffing around with a masters like I had to, before I was transferred on the phd program.

I'm now thinking about an MBA to give me the option of the management side of engineering/mining - would like to move into an executive/md role if I don't open my own consultancy.

I have every intention to make my time spent at uni pay off financially :)

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
First class honours hey? Congrats. Now you can go straight into a PhD without stuffing around with a masters like I had to, before I was transferred on the phd program.

I'm now thinking about an MBA to give me the option of the management side of engineering/mining - would like to move into an executive/md role if I don't open my own consultancy.

I have every intention to make my time spent at uni pay off financially :)

Well!! the thing is I didnt even apply for any Doctorate/PhD courses... I only applied for Masters... and only at one uni (stupid I know, but the applications closed while I was still finishing my thesis)

In a shocking development! First round offers have closed, and I know of someone who had much lower marks than me who got an interview! and now I just have to hope that someone doesnt get in... Im shattered! I'll just have to apply for 2011 I guess

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Well!! the thing is I didnt even apply for any Doctorate/PhD courses... I only applied for Masters... and only at one uni (stupid I know, but the applications closed while I was still finishing my thesis)

In a shocking development! First round offers have closed, and I know of someone who had much lower marks than me who got an interview! and now I just have to hope that someone doesnt get in... Im shattered! I'll just have to apply for 2011 I guess

Don't worry man, its almost just as simple as a straight transfer.

I didn't get first class honours so I was forced to do 18 months of masters, and then a seminar to the heads of departments to prove I was good enough.

Then the 18 months counted towards the PhD program.

Your supervisor should be able to give you more info.

Good luck.