Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The theory of Police cars

vp_commo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exe
I was watching this show the other day about Bonnie and Clyde, well they say Bonnie and Clyde managed to escape so many times because basically they stole the best V8 they could find, and the Ford V8 was Bonnie's favourite and would beat the outdated police 6's of the day every time.

So on to todays Police cars, which are mostly 6 cylinders, VE and a few V8 but mostly VE 6's.
So are these cars fast or somthing or is there another element to stop crime here I am missing..do these cars keep up with V8's, Skylines and the likes?

or do they use some othe plan of defense?
what is the theory behind the use of a six cylinder Police car?

Dan

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
yep, they use devices that can beat any V8, radios. try and out run that. and helicopters. You planning a robbery? lol

06vzcalais

Reaction score
highway patrol cars have the power of a V8 because simply they are the ones who need to chase people down on long straight sections of road..hence needing the power..
normal police dont need this power as they usually respond to the likes of assults ect ect and usually deal with around town issues thus not needing the power of a V8
and the V6 does go quick enough for what they need it for
i reckon a VE SV6 would be powerful enough for a highway patrol also, more often than not people hear or see the siren and pull over
just my opinion

06vzcalais

Reaction score
althou they dont need power these days as more often than not theyt will be at your house waiting for you or send a fine/court attendence to your home address
that kinda contradicted what i said before (i guess what im trying to say is they will have your balls either way)

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Generally here though, the power output of a cop car is nearly irrelevant. Any high speed chase is likely to get called off in the name of public safety here, over in the US I guess it might be necessary to have some serious grunt behind you a bit more often.

06vzcalais

Reaction score
my mate was sitting on 140(stupid i know) on a road near tamworth the cop had to drive 3 ks down the road to get into the u turn bay
the copper caught upto him so im not to sure if the speed goes off the offender or the speed the cop car has to do to catch him
my mate reckons he hadnt slowed down, he didnt even see the copper till he was behind him

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
All VE's (patrol cars) i see are V8's here + someone would be very stupid to try running away from them.

Springwood LAC have some VE 6's but the rest of the VE's are from Lawson HWP and are V8's

@the OP, if your trying to outrun a VE 6 then you probably could. but all they have to do is radio a HWP and your f**ked

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Springwood LAC have some VE 6's but the rest of the VE's are from Lawson HWP and are V8's

@the OP, if your trying to outrun a VE 6 then you probably could. but all they have to do is radio a HWP and your f**ked

Thats exactly what i said, the patrol cars a V8s. And the standard police cars are mostly ford 6's or nissan AWD