Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The things I don't like about the VF...

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Another thing I have noticed is that when you press the brake in to its limits, the start of the accelerator pedal is still a fair bit lower than the brake pedal.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
If you watch Clarkson review $200k+ cars on top gear he'll pick out little trivial things that aren't to his liking.

Looking at your list it must be a pretty decent car if we're down to the feel of the gear knob and what the stereo does when the car stalls

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
I love the car. It really is brilliant, but yes I could pick faults in just about anything. I think that might be caused from watching too much Top Gear.

Some say... that I've always been an obnoxious prat though.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
It is p*ss poor that the sportswagon do not come with the Bose system.

The SSV Redline Sportswagon does according to the brochure but below it says only the sedan. So if I had bought one and it didn't I would be ropeable.

http://media.gm.com/content/media/a...ntent/Pages/news/au/en/2013/Jul/0718_SSV.html

Available in three body styles – sedan, Sportwagon and Ute – the Redline range is comprehensively equipped with standard features like Head-up Display, leather appointed seats, Passive Entry and Push Button Start and Bose® premium audio (sedan only) to enhance its unique blend of premium detailing and luxury features.

BUT here it says the SSV Redline Sportswagon does have the Bose Premium Audio as standard..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/avpw9au4lxoxdeh/VF_Commodore_Brochure_ FINAL_6027.pdf

Last edited:

VE_CalaisV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
The Redline always had front only brembo's. Sounds like you didnt do enough research on your part. Brembos are around $5k for a full set, so Holden just upgraded the front brakes (which make a huge difference by themselves) and keep the costs down to you.
How about you tell us the good things you like about the car. I find it a bit bizarre that you've just bought a $55,000 car and you are complaining about the smallest things to a bunch of guys who would love to be driving that thing around as a daily......

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
The Redline always had front only brembo's. Sounds like you didnt do enough research on your part. Brembos are around $5k for a full set, so Holden just upgraded the front brakes (which make a huge difference by themselves) and keep the costs down to you.
How about you tell us the good things you like about the car. I find it a bit bizarre that you've just bought a $55,000 car and you are complaining about the smallest things to a bunch of guys who would love to be driving that thing around as a daily......

I liked your post, but wish there was a LOVE button, even a BEST POST button.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 4

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
The things I don't like about the VF...

Well I thought I was getting the Bose system like the sedans but it turns out that the utes don't and get some other crap. I can't even adjust the fading between the front speakers and the ones behind the seats. So it all sounds like it's coming from the front and just sounds ****. Looks like I will be upgrading them very soon.

I have noticed is that if you stall the car, the stereo comes on and plays but no sound comes out of the speakers, so you have to turn the power off to the stereo and turn it back on again.

The gear knob is pretty ordinary and a bit cheap.

The alignment of the panels isn't the best either. Not what you'd call world class standard.

One thing that is annoying, and I will have to get used to, is that I keep forgetting to press the button on the door handle when I get in. In the Evo X I had I got used to just grabbing the door handle and it unlocking. The later Evo X's went to the same system as the VF as they had problems with the earlier ones, but mine always worked well.

Everyone has been complaining about the air conditioning not having half increments. It is a little annoying from what I'm used to but I found that if you have them set at 22 on the passenger side and 23 on the drivers side, you get a nice comfortable temp. And you just hit the Mrs if she tries to adjust when she gets in the car.

I didn't realise the DRL turn off at night which is a bit ridiculous when they have gone to all the trouble of putting them in. Why not have the same system as the HSV's?

All the advertising says that the Redline gets Brembo brakes. So why does the Redline get Brembo on the front and Holden brakes on the back?
They aren't Brembos! False advertising I think!!

Sorry to disappoint you but the DRL are actually Daytime Running Lights - in accordance with ADR's (Australian Design Rules). Obviously in order to minimise night time glare to other motorists they are configured to disable during hours of darkness.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
The paintwork is easily chipped. It is very orange peeled in places but I understand that robot painting gives this finish. Is this correct?? Also my Calais V grill is chipped easily. It has sections that are just black paint on chrome plastic and as this is chipped the chrome shows through.

Also have found the doors are tinnier than the VE versions. It was reported in the press that Holden reduced the metal thickness in the doors as the B pillar was greatly strengthened by the use of high strength steel. I have found that the sill at the bottom of the car can be pushed in while washing the car. I have never noticed that before on other cars while washing the car. I have found that the front suspension can be bottomed out at the front. Of course this has occurred on dirt roads but I was surprised that it occurred. Overall the ride and handling is excellent and very quiet especially in rough sealed and dirt conditions. I am surprised how well the 19" wheels on 40 ratio tyres cope and ride in these poor conditions

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
It is interesting the version of the brochure you have uploaded as it does say the SSV sportswagen does have the bose. I have several versions of the brochure with different dates and none of them the bose system with the sportwagon. It has been widely reported in the media and from official Holden media releases indicate that the BOSE system is only on the sedans. I have seen the BOSE on any sportswagen when I was doing my research. It is possible that the brochure is a misprint as there is a such a thing as E.OE.

Or hopefully Holden have done a late running change and are now fitting the upgraded BOSE in the SSV sportswagen