Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Tool Box Thread

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Favourite toolbox to look at is the Studley Toolbox. A work of art.

Current toolbox was build by a cabinet maker, has a few drawers and some more open storage. Other hidden or extra add ons. Really good size for a workbench, if the toolbox wasn't also on top of that.

Otherwise due to work have always have toolbags, current being a custom Beehive Vinyl which they don't seem to do anymore due to other orders.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
That's dam nice .
I'm jealous !!
Would love one , ( not sure where it would live = take up space ) , but some home reno tools , Living in cupboards would certainly go in so parts living under the Lancia go there . OH some tools under Lancia could also go in .
My tool boxes are a couple of ammo cases =( from youngest brother when he was in the army reserve ) and 3 my tool boxs I made, one I made as a 1st year apprentice 42 years ago, still have, 2nd my toolbox I used until I finished at Qantas in 2006 and the roll around cabinet I made for the garage, I made in the 90s = did only cost me materials and time , used tooling at Qantas and TAFE ( did welding TIG & OXY and vehicle panel hand forming skills courses part time , got on real well with the Head teacher so no problems = come in and use power guillotine and folders , borrowed a spot welder from work for alot of the welding ,but some of is pop riveted .
It was a balancing act = what can I get away with after work !!

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That's dam nice .
I'm jealous !!
Would love one , ( not sure where it would live = take up space ) , but some home reno tools , Living in cupboards would certainly go in so parts living under the Lancia go there . OH some tools under Lancia could also go in .
My tool boxes are a couple of ammo cases =( from youngest brother when he was in the army reserve ) and 3 my tool boxs I made, one I made as a 1st year apprentice 42 years ago, still have, 2nd my toolbox I used until I finished at Qantas in 2006 and the roll around cabinet I made for the garage, I made in the 90s = did only cost me materials and time , used tooling at Qantas and TAFE ( did welding TIG & OXY and vehicle panel hand forming skills courses part time , got on real well with the Head teacher so no problems = come in and use power guillotine and folders , borrowed a spot welder from work for alot of the welding ,but some of is pop riveted .
It was a balancing act = what can I get away with after work !!
Wait. You have a Lancia?!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Wait. You have a Lancia?!

Yeah , POS ,HA ha ha , owned since 1985 , used as a young bloke , a Lancia 1978 Monte Carlo = a 2lr mid engined , rear wheel drive , a big brother to the the Fiat X-19 s
Would kill to own , could turn this into an 037 Rally = ( the last 2 two wheeled drive rally champions = not out of the question ).
Don't start me on 1 of my dream cars ( and their are kit car of ) = only 492 genuine a Lancia Stratos !!!
I sooo wood love = build a Hawk =replica !!!!!!!

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Look. It’s completely normal for it to happen. A bit of wee came out when I watched this.