Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The VE Calais.

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
Here's the replacement ride for the VZ Acclaim.

Picked her up on monday.

2006 VE Calais.
Gold.
84,000klm on the clock.
V6 with the 5 speed gearbox.
Completely standard, has a tow bar does that count???
Future mods, sad as it sounds only mod in sight at the moment is a set of mud flaps, stop the stones chipping my sill panels.

Since discoverd a few little issue's with it that I'll bring to the dealer's attention, random fault codes flash for a second or 2 when I start it, few of the interior lights dont seem to be working, (I could be wrong on this), anybody else who owns a VE Calais could verfiy this for me :)

Anyway's here's some pic's.

Attachments

• VE 4.JPG
    VE 4.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 434
  • VE 2.JPG
    VE 2.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 659
  • VE 1.JPG
    VE 1.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 409
  • VE 3.JPG
    VE 3.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 420

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
Smart looking cars, love my mums and I'm sure you will love yours mate, what are these light issues your having by the way?

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6
nice car mate... the calais makes one look 15% smarter :)

johnnyv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais v a6 v8
Love colour

I like the colour i have one its a calais v 07 v8 .I have mud flaps and it stops dirt form getting on the door sills and rear bumper but i need to go slow over humps as they can hit them my car has fe2 suspension and is lower than std.But they work so im not taking them off .The colour is good it does not look dirty and is not a hot as dark colours . Our calais have a sleeper look and style.

Attachments

• rear ve.jpg
    rear ve.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 2,986

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
It's not gold, it's Sandstorm.

Re the fault codes... There is a self check on start that checks all the electricals. When it does that, it cycles pretty much everything on and off. Takes a couple of seconds. Is that what you're talking about?

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
It's not gold, it's Sandstorm.

Re the fault codes... There is a self check on start that checks all the electricals. When it does that, it cycles pretty much everything on and off. Takes a couple of seconds. Is that what you're talking about?

Look's gold to me :)

Right after you would start the engine it would display on the centre screen, check abs, check engine, check stability system etc These would display for a few seconds then disappear.

Managed to solve this problem, took it to the dealers and they did ther thing, turned out the dash wasnt communicating to the computer properly or something similar, they 'updated' the software and it hasnt shown any fault icon's since.

I like the colour i have one its a calais v 07 v8 .I have mud flaps and it stops dirt form getting on the door sills and rear bumper but i need to go slow over humps as they can hit them my car has fe2 suspension and is lower than std.But they work so im not taking them off .The colour is good it does not look dirty and is not a hot as dark colours . Our calais have a sleeper look and style.

Great colour isnt it, cant stand really sharp gold's such as Tiger Mica??? This one has the FE2 suspension fitted also which Im not really keen on. already scrapped the bottom of the front bar on a T section channel drain, been REALLY careful ever since.

Picked up a set of Mudflaps for it last Friday, $90 from Holden which I didnt think was too bad.

Been sorting out the lighting issue's, the steering wheel illumination was a dodgy fuse, other thing thats confusing me is, the + and - symbols for the tiptronic shifting, are they suposed to light up with the headlights same as the P R N D, or do they stay dark???

Cheer's

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
Interesting developments.

Had quite a lot of rain while the car happend to be parked outside, came back to it to find the passenger side front footwell soaked and the rear footwell full of water.

Spent the last few days trying to dry it out, phoned up the dealer I bought it from took it in for them to inspect, got a phone call saying that they had manged to trace where the water is entering from. Its coming through under the windscreen and through the heater assembly.

Anyway I was told I would be looking at big $ to have it fixed as the warrenty doesnt cover 'this', needless to say I wasnt happy, gave Holden HQ a phone which eventully said they would look into the situation.

So fingers crossed.

MPRSSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Exec (Police pack) & 05 CV8Z Monaro
Good work!! You are going to love the VE, they are great cars ;)