Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The VH Revival

Taking Bets On Which Component Breaks First

• Driveshaft Becomes Airstrikesque Pretzel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
the roof seal looks like its hiding a nasty shock

Hmm, I will have a look on the weekend but from what i saw didn't seem to bad, i expect there will be some cancer hiding under there of course but don't believe it's anything major.

Only time will tell :p

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Not sure yet ari, budget permitting I would love to have to get some quotes and stuff, its likely the car will get a backyard paint job for now until I can afford something proper.

On the note of rust dad had a quick look last night said it doesnt look too serious but we'll see when I take the windscreens out....

Also I just bought 300 dollars of chrome trim :(

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
its likely the car will get a backyard paint job for now until I can afford something proper.

if by "backyard job" you mean rattle cans straight over areas where the bog has lifted, then thats a good idea... if you have any intention of doing a "semi nice" job, i.e. something using more than 2 hours of prep per panel, something that requires filler or something that requires an air compressor and a couple of liters of paint, i would highly recomend NOT doing that.

based on personal expierence.

you just do-not know whats underneath that paint.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
if by "backyard job" you mean rattle cans straight over areas where the bog has lifted, then thats a good idea... if you have any intention of doing a "semi nice" job, i.e. something using more than 2 hours of prep per panel, something that requires filler or something that requires an air compressor and a couple of liters of paint, i would highly recomend NOT doing that.

based on personal expierence.

you just do-not know whats underneath that paint.

Haha no ari i do not mean a rattle can job, the car will be sanded and prepared properly, i have a decent compressor, I've painted a few cars it's just to get it tidy for the road, tossing up between doing that or just prepping it and getting it wrapped but that's a while off just yet

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Okay,

So for anyone curious this is still being worked on :p, picking up a genuine set of NOS never used VH SLE tail lights...i don't even want to talk about how much these cost but i can't find a set anywhere.

Also have sourced a dash which i'm getting tomorrow.

A hodge podge interior will be made up of Series 1 vl calais door cards and seats, my VK calais will be stripped and donated into this, so should hopefully have it driveable over the next few months with xmas coming along :)