Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

///The yankie V8TDI Daily project

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
The difficulty with this 'rhd conversion on a pos american car' rufys is that i am only one guy, working very much alone on this build. The entirety of skills means you need to be competant in 1. Wiring 2. Metal fabrication 3. Engineering 4. Spray painting 5 ADR's and vehicle standars bulletins interpretation.

The amount of both physical and mental input that a task like this requires is exhausting and continues to drain for months. Today is a day where i can take a step back and look at a very large section of completion and give myself a pat on the back.

As sad as it may sound to someone of your calaber, i consider the members of this forum to be my peers and posted the image as both a means to show progress and get a little encouragement, which really drives me each day to press on.

I knew you were angling to start some petty bs in this thread as a means of getting attention, which is simply why i replied lol. You have nothing to contribute to here, so you deserve little in response but i am allowing you this much of my attention in the hopes that you dont fill this thread with the negativity that you do everywhere else. Im sure that you will anyway. This is a public forum and i chose to share my pics with you as much as any other member, so i have learned that i need to take your useless comments the same as any other members.

I look forward to the useless tat that you will continue to spill on a daily basis.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Damn i just found out what you meant about spreading rep around ari !! I think you have done something here to be totally proud of, and you deserve a full 11/10 for your efforts. My back hurts just looking at the amount of time you must have spent on yours here.

How did you go with the acrylic?

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
What 'happened' was the rest of the interior got put back together. Its a major landmark in the build ( a build very few people would never even attempt.. awesome job Ari!! ). People get their backs up about most of what you say.. either work out why or man up and live with it. You are the king of giving people a hard time, if you want to dish it out, expect to have it given back.

You dont like anything that anyone does, you know more than anyone, and we are all beneath you. If everything everyone does is wrong, show us how to do something right. You contribute nothing positive to this forum, nothing at all.

Why are you even here?

If that's what happened, then that's the bloody answer to my question and that's where it would have ended with me saying something like "cool - looks ok. decent job" or something like that. But no... People have to get on their high horses.

So in the spirit of someone FINALLY answering my initial question, cool! Good work. Looks pretty good to me! I'd never be able to convert a car like that!

Regarding everything else, massive what the ef! Where have I ever given anyone a hard time. Show me. Where have I said everything everyone does is wrong? I like a lot of what a few people do. I don't know more than everyone and would never claim to and I admit when I'm wrong and there are a lot of people in the world beneath me but I wouldn't know for certain until I met them in person. I contribute nothing positive? MASSIVE LOL - RIIIIIGHT!!! So that's why I have 509 likes!!! Why am I here? Er, same reason everyone else is - I'm a car enthusiast. And for the entertainment value. There's a lot of laughs to be had too. Makes getting through the days at work a bit easier.

I say what I think, whether that be in the form of a question when I want to know the answer to something. Or in the form of an opinion (which is sometimes wrong and I'll admit it when it is). I won't ever stop saying what I think but EVERYONE really has to stop reading more into what I say than I actually do. Me saying "you took a photo of a dirty interior?" is the first thing that popped into my head because it made no sense to me so it's in the form of a question, as in "can you elaborate" and everyone since then seems to think that automatically means I think ari666 does bad work or that I personally don't like him/her. Guess what, I wouldn't know anyone on this forum from a bar of soap so I don't personally dislike anyone!!! That's a FACT!!! I will never bag someone for doing something I wouldn't ever be able to do in a million years! What I will do is discuss it.... What other people need to do is stop jumping to conclusions and jumping down my throat. I don't need to "man up". I'm already an adult. But it's clear from a lot of attitudes on here that people need to grow up.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Ari, damn sir! That's some fine work there!! I read your thread from beginning to end, very impressive. As for the "dirty interior" poster.... Seems all he did was comment without reading/checking all the information already available on the previous page.

Still, Top work mate. One of the better conversions I've seen. Big fan of your work...

... I may have been quietly stalking your Impala thread for some time now....

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
If that's what happened, then that's the bloody answer to my question and that's where it would have ended with me saying something like "cool - looks ok. decent job" or something like that. But no... People have to get on their high horses.

So in the spirit of someone FINALLY answering my initial question, cool! Good work. Looks pretty good to me! I'd never be able to convert a car like that!

Massive what the ef! Where have I ever given anyone a hard time. Show me. Where have I said everything everyone does is wrong? I like a lot of what a few people do. I don't know more than everyone and would never claim to and I admit when I'm wrong and there are a lot of people in the world beneath me but I wouldn't know for certain until I met them in person. I contribute nothing positive? MASSIVE LOL - RIIIIIGHT!!! So what's the 509 likes received? Why am I here? Er, same reason everyone else is - I'm a car enthusiast. And for the entertainment value. There's a lot of laughs to be had too. Makes getting through the days at work a bit easier.

I say what I think, whether that be in the form of a question when I want to know the answer to something. Or in the form of an opinion (which is sometimes wrong and I'll admit it when it is). I won't ever stop saying what I think but EVERYONE really has to stop reading more into what I say than I actually do. Me saying "you took a photo of a dirty interior?" is the first thing that popped into my head because it made no sense to me so it's in the form of a question, as in "can you elaborate" and everyone since then seems to think that automatically means I think ari666 does bad work or that I personally don't like him/her. Guess what, I wouldn't know anyone on this forum from a bar of soap so I don't personally dislike anyone!!! That's a FACT!!! I will never bag someone for doing something I wouldn't ever be able to do in a million years! What I will do is discuss it.... What other people need to do is stop jumping to conclusions and jumping down my throat. I don't need to "man up". I'm already an adult. But it's clear from a lot of attitudes on here that people need to grow up.

I think what ari666 was getting at is that this is a massive job that he has poured a lot of himself into the last weeks/months and now that he's approaching a point of completion and is finally able to stand back and say, hey thats well done work... for someone to come along and effectively say, meh its a dirty car, is a bit of a slap in the face and not really needed or wanted. If one was to put the shoe on the other foot, have you ever completed a major job on your car? Then had someone come along and say, what ever, looks ****? tends to leave a bit of a bitter taste in your mouth.

FWOW ari, it looks amazing! I enjoy watching/reading your various projects progress as the quality of workmanship is second to none!

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
posting to see if i can get to page 3, redirecting me to page 2 for some reason

FYI - at 100 posts per page, this isn't even on page 2 yet!

I never said it looked ****... Never! *sigh* You assume that's what I meant based on your incorrect perception of what my intent was. And so it would seem other people do too. Well guess what? That's not my fault! :D Does it look dirty? Hell yes. That's obvious to ANYONE that sees that pic. Why? Because it is? The statement "so then this happened" has no context, hence I asked the question "you took a photo of a dirty interior?" as in, WHAT THE *#$@ HAPPENED? Note the question mark? The dirty interior reference was a question... ASK IT AS A QUESTION. Man I shouldn't have to give English lessons!

It'd be like me posting this pic...

So then this happened:
DSCN8205b600x600d1.jpg

And thinking everyone will automatically know I'm referring to one of the trees that was cut down the previous day.

If I did that I would EXPECT a reply to be "what? you took a pic of the moon?"

Edited for rufys* so i fished installing the dash into the silverado today. All wiring complete and running codes seem to be ok. All dash lights functional. Fan and vents check ok but cant test AC till its regassed. Seat functions all work, stereo and remote works. Just need to finish assembly on engine hoses and brakes b4 road test.

FINALLY!!! See... If this had have been there instead of "then this happened" it would have made perfect sense. And in response I say again, good job! Posting something cryptic and then getting pissed off (and that goes for everyone else too) when someone asks a question is just ridiculous.

Meh. I'm moving on.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
I never said it looked ****... Never! *sigh* You assume that's what I meant based on your incorrect perception of what my intent was. And so it would seem other people do too. Well guess what? That's not my fault! :D Does it look dirty? Hell yes. That's obvious to ANYONE that sees that pic. Why? Because it is? The statement "so then this happened" has no context, hence I asked the question "you took a photo of a dirty interior?" as in, WHAT THE *#$@ HAPPENED? Note the question mark? The dirty interior reference was a question... ASK IT AS A QUESTION. Man I shouldn't have to give English lessons!

It'd be like me posting this pic...

So then this happened:
DSCN8205b600x600d1.jpg

And thinking everyone will automatically know I'm referring to one of the trees that was cut down the previous day.

If I did that I would EXPECT a reply to be "what? you took a pic of the moon?"

Meh. I'm moving on.

whats the lesson you "should" learn here? be more direct in your questions. "you took a pic of a dirty interior?" in no way resembles "WHAT THE *#$@ HAPPENED?"

asking if he took a picture is NOT THE SAME as asking what he did to the car. being vague only leads to people getting frustrated with your post.

if anyone feels the need to **** in aris thread again, expect at LEAST an infraction for doing so.

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
Maybe all the #### talk should stop and get this tread back on track.

Good work ari, it looks really neat. How many hours did you put in?
Wish I had the ability to produce something of thus capacity.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
How many hours did you put in?

i had to stop charging for labour at 400. that was 2 weeks ago, so would probably be around 520 now. its not all spent on the car though, there have been a few jobs inbetween, i took a week off to install the trans in the impala and other sutff.

as part of the RAWS importation system i need to make an set of 'work instructions' which go with my evidence pack. the instructions are meant to be: "such that your 1st year apprentice can pick up the manual and perform the conversion" [that came from one of the DOTARS inspectors] its a necessary part of the system because it ensures consistancy for all conversions that my RAW may carry out. so for example if i was to hire jimmy shmits, the work that he puts out and i put out will be exact copies of each other, which means both conversions will have passed DOTARS approval, as they are exact copies of the test car.

does that make sense? im rambling.

anyway the long and short is the work instructions take ages. /story LOL