Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

theft from spray painter

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
So having a look, because I'm bored, I'm thinking this guy is a K. Healy? Am I right?

taken_for_a_ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu commodore
Haha I need the laugh.. I know right he gets off no lesson learnt... but thats the thing I tracked down his abn through that asic site so I think hes was once trying to be legit,..

Does anyone know if he will have to cop up the cost of 6grand for the work or just the money that i paid him?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
#### me, what a terrible job

As per slepa's comment, some gumtree'ers can be good, but go to a reputable shop. Not some backyard promising the world for $30

Really feel sorry for ya, really do.
poor man pays twice scenario.
Think ya got a deal, but have to pay more now to get rectified.

In this day and age, is incredible how some people still are dodgy shits.
I dont know how they live with themselves

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Haha I need the laugh.. I know right he gets off no lesson learnt... but thats the thing I tracked down his abn through that asic site so I think hes was once trying to be legit,..

Does anyone know if he will have to cop up the cost of 6grand for the work or just the money that i paid him?

Chances are just a refund. There is no way any government body will make him pay for a full respray worth $6k on a car worth maybe $2k.

Realistically mate, you probably never see any of the money again. Start looking at other options for your car. By all means follow this through the police and get this guy busted. But even if the courts ordered him to pay you back, and he actually has money for it, that will be months even years down the track. The courts are magical like that.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

taken_for_a_ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu commodore
Gonna have to take it on the chin n take it as a loss, my main goal at the moment is getting my stuff back.. Hardtop ect the maggot Didnt even return my window rubbers :/

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Just think of it as an important lesson and move forward if nothing else.

Obviously hope you can get some of your stuff back at least.

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Ill put my flame suit on for the following.

If it makes you feel a bit better you could always pretend to be a buyer for his spray booth and then set a meeting up and run him over in your ute saying he jumped in front of you. Sounds like you would be doing Townsville a favour