Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

thermo fan on a 5L

boyley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute and Calais V
Thats sad to hear I had no trouble but never saw a day over 30 degrees mind you. Did you configure it to suck airthrough the radiator.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
me to please, thats the thermal switch like is it one with the dial and the long copper prope? if so were did u stick the probe

You stick it in the radiator return tank and use the piece of rubber with a groove thats part of the kit to seal off the radiator hose between the radiator outlet and the thermo wire thats sticking out.

stateo 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vs serries111 statesman 5.0

charlesmoore

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden 1995 vs s ute
we are needing step by steps for wiring a thermo fan on a 95 vs s commodore we are lost at waht we have to do. a pic or two would be great

Patto68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
this thread is 3 yrs old bud. Doubt you will get a response. just have it running constantly.. thats what i did. i converted my v6 to v8 and have a gilmer belt drive, so i got rid of original fan and am now running twin au thermos running contantly throught the original temp switch.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
For the late posters benifit, I actually got my memcal reprogrammed off greenfoam ($60 i think) and got hime to turn the thermo fan output on. Then simply hooked a relay up to the factory thermo fan wiring plug, sitting near the battery side of the radiator, and put in a set of AU twin thermos.