Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

These new WTF Laws?

KrazyKazza1

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VN Commodore Berlina
hey guys,

just wondering whether i can get some new details on the new P Plater (Or whatever) Laws for South Australia? I have a LPG VN Commodore, stock except for pod filter (i was told its legal coz of LPG) and a Sports Exhaust. am i still going to be allowed to drive this no matter what the laws change to?

i have checked google for any information but i havent really found anything. i've seen people on this forum selling their cars due to the law coming in but yea; i havent heard anything. INFO PLEASE! :D

~Kazza

Skidney

Utes do it better.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP UTE
it's only illegal if you get caught mate, you can get defected for a pod filter but if you act dumb and its mounted securely you can get away with it. as long as your exhaust isn't too loud it will be fine. just don't drive like a dick

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
i have fairly modded my ute, can check my thread if u want, not sure on modding qld laws, but if you drive sensible and dont stand out you will be left alone, i havnt been pulled over once or asked about any mods i have

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
Its like what skidney said. Dont drive like an ass and you probly will never know if its illegal or not

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Research your local S.A laws then you will know how far you can bend them, I doubt anyone on here knows them. We have enough trouble reading all the Victoria rules

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Speaking for NSW, technically anything which increases the performance of your car is disallowed while you're on your P's. Most people would argue a sports exhaust increases performance.

Reality is you're more likely to get done for having it too loud (a rule which applies to everyone) than for it's "performance enhancing" qualities.

Like everything else, much of it comes down to how much attention you draw to yourself. If you have it ****-off loud and blast around the place, or otherwise hoon around, or hang out at place or with people who do, you're asking for trouble. If you act civilised, people are likely to act civilised back.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I thought when new laws come in it only affects people just getting their P's rather than already existing P platers.

Anyway you should be fine, its a bog stock V6, but if you wanted to be cautious, make sure your exhaust noise level is legal and put your pod in an enclosure.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
I thought when new laws come in it only affects people just getting their P's rather than already existing P platers.

thats on the money only affects people who get there P's when the law comes out

KrazyKazza1

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VN Commodore Berlina
thanks for comments guys, as for my p plates i dont have them. its taken me a few months to find a job with a decent income so i can finally start getting my hours up. im already passed 6mnths so i can get my P's asap.

exhaust: my exhaust makes a nice 'beefy' noise while accelerating but when i sit at a consistent speed the noise is nowhere near as loud. so i think i can get away with it :)

pod filter: The podfilter and the big-ass hose its connected to is all fused up with my gas tank so im guessing its a safety thing.