Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

VY_Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commy pos
When you let someone merge into the spot in front of you & the #### doesn't give you the courtesy of a wave

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
When you let someone merge into the spot in front of you & the #### doesn't give you the courtesy of a wave

You do realise merging traffic has the right of way. Don't you.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo

Still when the fk up merging on freeway and dont speed up instead come on the freeway at 60km/h and you need to brake to let them in.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas

do not live in vic but in nsw if you have to cross a painted road line then NO you do not have right of way.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
If a lane is ending or there is an off ramp then yes you do and I'm in nsw its law and common courtesy but that's why Sydney is always in gridlock at peak hour traffic because nobody thinks properly and the road authority didn't have any brains when it comes to designing roads if I had of designed them then there wouldn't have been a problem because the idea would have been add an extra lane or 2 when traffic to an off ramp and remove that extra lane or 2 when it came to an on ramp that way there would be plenty of time for people to get into the correct lane without congesting it

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
If a lane is ending or there is an off ramp then yes you do and I'm in nsw its law and common courtesy but that's why Sydney is always in gridlock at peak hour traffic because nobody thinks properly and the road authority didn't have any brains when it comes to designing roads if I had of designed them then there wouldn't have been a problem because the idea would have been add an extra lane or 2 when traffic to an off ramp and remove that extra lane or 2 when it came to an on ramp that way there would be plenty of time for people to get into the correct lane without congesting it

Do not confuse courtesy and etiquette with the law. Standing up when the Judge enters the courtroom is an example of courtesy and etiquette. The judge saying you are guilty is an example of the law.

If you’re in the lane that is going to merge in to an existing lane (i.e your lane ends with painted dashed lines), any vehicles already in the continuing existing lane have the right of way - even if your car is ahead of them. The car in the lane that ends does NOT have right of way.

That is the law in NSW.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
My bad yes that is right the only time it doesn't apply is when 2 lanes become one and in which case if the driver in the left lane is more ahead than the driver then the driver in the right lane has to give way and vice versa so ill remember that lol while I'm at it ill look up some more road rules tomorrow lol been a few Years

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
Why do you need a wave? Will it put a smile on your face?

Ah, the thank you wave.

Puts a smile on my face, it's just a nice thing. Like when somebody holds the elevator for you, do you just barge in and stand silently? or do you barge in and say "thank you". At the end of the day they're doing you a favor, the least you could do is thank them.

What pisses me off is the amount of people that deliberately sit nice and close to the car in front of them to avoid letting me in and give me the stare ahead when I try to politely ask if I can get in. I'm asking, nicely signaling, you can see I'm dying here and my lane is finished, but no, that's okay 4WD wielding soccer mum, you being a few meters closer to your destination is much more important.

Even though we are all going to be crawling on this god forsaken motorway for the next hour, you being in front of me is going to make a world of difference!

I always let people in because to me it seems it's going make sweet f all difference if a car or two gets in front of me. We could be driving 10kmh faster and still not even shave 5 minutes from arrival time.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Painted traffic islands are another problem. They are not considered as part of the normal lane system. Sometimes islands get used to allow traffic to keep flowing while we queue for a turn. But if you are on the island and involved in a crash with a car in the turning lane or the continuing lane (even if it pushes in front of you while you are leaving the island) you lose.