Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
It's madness out on the roads. Forgot it's Matariki tomorrow, Maori (new years) day off!

Managed to get to my local servo with the cheap gas but out of the 8 bowsers on site only 3 were working and only 2 off those have 95 working and one of those was occupied by a person who couldn't make the ******* bowser work (pay at the pump) so the queue was long and slow! But finally managed to top up the car with 95 (nz$2.577) and got 25 litres of 91 (NZ$2.437) for the VT and lawn mower/blower/weed eater etc.

1st July the Auckland wide regional fuel tax comes off so petrol will get 11.5c/L cheaper but I have no doubt that those savings will disappear into the petro companies profit margins no doubt.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Had to give the cat her furball treatment yesterday and came off second best. She got me with her claws and its infected so it's off to the doctors this afternoon.
@vc commodore. Anything you can do I can do better ha ha.
View attachment 269653
Yours is more swollen than mine was, but others can decide on the gore factor :)

Have one a little worse, but this one gets the point across

1719470254494.jpeg

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I might be wrong Boral are in Invermay. The main concrete place was at St Leonards and it's now a truck depot. I might swing past there when I go to Invermay next and see if they have a pile in the yard.
I just typed in Boral Launceston and that came up and looked close-ish...?

Aaanyway. Rang again this morning and got the old duck on the phone who's obviously been there a while. And apparently no concrete tipping. And no real free places that she knew of, says she finds it weird too.

Absolutely spins my head around that you guys don't have ready access to concrete tipping down there for construction. People must just factor that into the price of the job and then the people that crush it double dip on the feed and raw material.

For comparison. We've spent the week removing a 500sqm, 200mm thick loading dock, up to 36 truck loads so far and haven't paid a cent for tipping.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

Aaanyway. Rang again this morning and got the old duck on the phone who's obviously been there a while. And apparently no concrete tipping. And no real free places that she knew of, says she finds it weird too.

Absolutely spins my head around that you guys don't have ready access to concrete tipping down there for construction. People must just factor that into the price of the job and then the people that crush it double dip on the feed and raw material.

For comparison. We've spent the week removing a 500sqm, 200mm thick loading dock, up to 36 truck loads so far and haven't paid a cent for tipping.
Yeah, ok so it was as I was told buy the local concrete supplier only place to take it is the tip.

Thanks for making the call.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon

Perhaps, in Victoria, we’re flat out building stuff so we can make good use of the recycled concrete? And perhaps in Tasmania… ???

:cool:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Perhaps, in Victoria, we’re flat out building stuff so we can make good use of the recycled concrete? And perhaps in Tasmania… ???

Heaps, and heaps of building going on, but in the North of the state concrete crushing doesn't really occur much from what I understand. Hobart has a processing plant and probably use it a lot more than they do up here. The Bunnings site built around 10 years ago used recycled concrete but they brought in a crusher and did it onsite using the demo waste. Apparently it saved them a huge amount of money. I vaguely remember something about the mob who did the major construction owned a crusher and was able to do it themselves hence the savings on materials and demo waste.

I know in SA Metro a lot of waste transfer stations have their own crushers and thus do it on site, but you still pay to drop it off.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

We already recycle the vast majority of concrete in Victoria (because why pay $300/t for landfill when you can dump it for free.

And then it is turned into a class 3 or class 4 product (depending if they mix brick through it or not) and it's sold again.

My footpaths at my house are all envirocrete (crushed concrete) because you add water and use a whacked plate on it and the fines in the mix bond it all together and it goes smooth-ish and as hard as a cats head.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'll apologise now for posting that picture of my finger.....Some people might not be able to stomach it.....So sorry for that....

Just so people know, that's what a white tipped spider can do......It only took about a week to get it confirmed by the medical staff the cause.....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah when I first saw the pic a couple of weeks ago I thought white tip. Seen a client with it and another with his daughter showing some pretty nasty infection that takes some strong antibiotics to clear it up. And tablets don't seem to have much effect.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I’ve always heard that white tip spider venom can kill flesh so their bites can be rather nasty..

Google says: White-tailed Spider bites can cause initial burning pain followed by swelling and itchiness at the bitten area. Occasionally, there are unconfirmed reports of weals, blistering or local ulceration - conditions known medically as necrotising arachnidism.

VC’s bite looks nasty..

Moral of the story is don’t let spiders bite you... any sort of spiders really… wear gloves (annoying) when moving crap around and/or when working in the garden or around areas with lots of spider webs…

As to cat scratches, cats are clean but they use their claws to catch their pray and/or use their claws to dig holes and bury their faeces :oops: cat scratches can be rather nasty as well…

Google says: Cat scratch disease is an infection caused by a bacterium in cat saliva. The disease causes redness and swelling at the site of a cat scratch or bite, and flu-like symptoms. If you are scratched or bitten by a cat or kitten, it is important to promptly wash the area with soap and water.

Dogs, well dogs can eat their own farces which is why I find people who kiss their dogs a rather disgusting act :rolleyes: