Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
The problem is you. They are legally allowed to park on the road, however your not legally allowed to park in there drive way.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
The problem is you. They are legally allowed to park on the road, however your not legally allowed to park in there drive way.

latest

They are legally allowed to yes. However its a dick move. Ive asked them countless times and theyve blocked me in and out of my driveway several times in doing so. I mean, its just simple etiquette. Narrow street, dont park opposite someones driveway.

I can be a dick to.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe

if theres less than 3m road left when parked, the car across the road is illegally parked. being a narrow street, this is entirely possible.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
latest

They are legally allowed to yes. However its a dick move. Ive asked them countless times and theyve blocked me in and out of my driveway several times in doing so. I mean, its just simple etiquette. Narrow street, dont park opposite someones driveway.

I can be a dick to.

Fairly sure legally you can actually park right in front of someones driveway. if you want to look at it in that sense but total D*** move

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Fairly sure legally you can actually park right in front of someones driveway. if you want to look at it in that sense but total D*** move

parking directly in front of any driveway is illegal if you're there more than 2 minutes.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I see an opportunity for Open Source software and PCMs.

Just because something is open source doesn't mean you have carte blanche to mod/decompile, so you might find you're in the same boat anyway.

That's going to the danger , for those who do wish to tune the ECU , GM saying " yeah nah , no warranty for you " .

Risk management, that again isn't uncommon, as above, root and ROM your phone and you'll probably void your warranty but you can mitigate those scenarios pretty easily.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Yes Open Source allows that in the same way that you can modify your car all you want..... for now.

So if I make an OS for a PCM everybody can modified and give it back to the community free of License Restrictions. Read about Richard Stallman.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
if theres less than 3m road left when parked, the car across the road is illegally parked. being a narrow street, this is entirely possible.

Correct. 3 meters is deemed 'enough room' for emergency vehicles to gain access.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
latest

I can be a dick to.
The difference is you been a dick is illegal...

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Its so stupid how all these new estates have 5.5m wide roads with 5 bedroom houses lining the streets.
money hungry developers get away with everything...