Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
not having much luck with cars latley.

first the headgasket blows on the landrover then the starter motor then the carby along then the altenator and then the altenator on the Pulser and today the rear unijoint explodes on the rover, so had to drive home in fwd then find that after fixing the alternator on the pulser the battery is now fkd and have no money for a new one so managed to fit the battery out of the landy into it

:bang::censored::mad:

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
Parts interpreters in this day and age are not parts interpreters.
Ebay sellers who send the wrong part and insist I'm stupid and they've sent the correct part....
If he'd accepted that these are cat gaskets not exhaust flange gaskets and hadn't tried the "i've got x years experience..." well I might have been nicer.....

Here's this weeks example:
Ebay item id 390610521063

Dear dragons-fire-performance,

Really annoyed that these are not Flange gaskets.
They are Cat converter gaskets.
I dropped my Y-pipe off my car to redo the flanges and ended up having to walk 40mins round trip to buy Proper Flange gaskets for my car so I could put it all back together.
On the upside I have 4 spare Cat converter Gaskets now.... seeing as I only have 1 cat converter on the car... I guess I'll probably die with these unnecessary gaskets.
Might be an idea to rename your listing to Cat converter gaskets as the holes do not line up on 2.5" flanges which are much smaller with much closer bolt holes than Cat converter gaskets.

Annoyed
Drew

Here's the response:

Dear drew_1979,

Hi I have been in the industry for over 30 years and these are what we call flange plate gaskets we have both s/steel and m/steel flange plates we sell as these are the gaskets we supply with them.
I don't understand if yours are standard plates why they would not fit, I buy all my plates from whole sale suppliers and they also supply exhaust shops.
I have sold over 10,000 in the last 3 years and have no other problems, but if they don't fit they don't fit just send them back and we will give you a full refund sorry for your problem.
Regards,
Chris Dunn

My response:

If in 30 years you can't tell the difference between a cat converter gasket and a exhaust flange gasket, i seriously doubt you've had 30 years experience.
If an exhaust flange was the same size and proportions as a cat converter flange, it wouldn't clear the chassis rails and gearbox like in 100's of cars I've worked on in my life.

I walked 40 minutes round trip to my local parts shop and asked for an exhaust flange gasket and got handed the correct one straight up.
Your gaskets fit Cat converter flanges,
Not the other exhaust flanges.
Bolt holes do not line up to normal exhaust flanges.
Plate proportions though same shape are a much different size.
Sit down with a cat converter and a set of pacemaker extractors and tell me your gaskets will fit between the extractor and Y-pipe.

So sending the cat converter gaskets back to you are going to undo me having to walk for 40 minutes round trip to the nearest parts shop to buy the correct gaskets?
I'm better off hanging onto them in case i need to replace a blocked cat in the future and if i'm stupid enough to buy cat converter gaskets from you i"ll probably end up with exhaust flange gaskets while you insist there's no difference with your 30 years experience.

I really regret not opening the padded envelope before dismantling my exhaust, although I did assume buying exhaust flange gaskets would mean that's what I got..... didn't expect cat converter gaskets.

Sharing this on Just commodores forum also so everyone can see that not only are you wrong but you insist on making yourself out to be someone with a wealth of experience and that I should just accept the wrong part to be the correct part just because you insist it is.
I might not have 30 years in the automotive trade, But I feel 8 years of being a trade licensed mechanic is enough to know the difference between a cat converter gasket and a exhaust flange gasket.

Again, I should have opened the bag before pulling my exhaust apart.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
To much time on your hands mate.
Tell me again how long it took you to walk to the shops, I might feel sorry for you.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
Leakying exhaust.... took it apart... realised idiot sent me wrong gaskets... had to walk 40 mins to get car back together....
Had better things to do.... so no, not too much time on hands....
Hope u get caught out eventually ssv, or do you pay people to work on your cars as you can't yourself?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
y u no buy locally before starting the job to begin with?

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Touche on the responses to the "expert" seller DREW...liked it! I reckon not enough people arc up over shitty service like this.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
You already accepted your going to be away from home. Your boss isn't making you do it for free. What did you really expect?

Umm... this is the "Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you" thread is it not? It pissed me off/bugged/annoyed me so I posted it. Same trolls here as always. :blah blah:

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
OK fine. Things that piss me off. People who bitch about FIFO when they should of already accepted what was going to happen. Better?

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Leakying exhaust.... took it apart... realised idiot sent me wrong gaskets... had to walk 40 mins to get car back together....
Had better things to do.... so no, not too much time on hands....
Hope u get caught out eventually ssv, or do you pay people to work on your cars as you can't yourself?
Ill be sure to let you know when it happens.
I used to be a light vehicle mechanic but left the seen as unless your the owner, theirs no real money in it. Sometimes I work on my car but more often then not, I pay someone. Its cheaper as my time is worth more.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Requesting information from somewhere and not hearing anything back in reply , OK so let me understand this " CAPA Preformance" , you DON"T want my money .