Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
Yeah that’s a f@#ker. Should be done for false advertising.
Did you get offered the job? What was the outcome?
I was looking for something new and different, and i wanted to give it a shot, but i was already cautious about what just happened. so i started with 3 new guys, turns out the bait and switch was done on them as well. which pissed me off more, the drinking water was so bad everyone had at least 5 water bottles filled from home. i stayed for a week before coming to my senses and seeing the backbreaking work was more than $25hr. So i said stuff it and left. happy i did, only 1 good thing really ever came from that place and it was the drive. that's it.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Mythbusters did an episode where they allow a diver analogue to loose pressurisation at 100m.
Now imagine this happening down a couple of thousand meters and instantaneously. ******* awesome (except for the rich bitches inside the of course). The other thing we don't really know is at what depth the vessel failed but either way there will be very little left of the meat bags that were inside that little tube.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
i don't know if this has happened to any of you.....

Over 20 years ago I went for a grad mining engineer role, they advertised market leading salary (which at the time was about $60k base + super, I was previously on $64k + super). Drove up to Sydney for the interview and the interviewers danced around the salary question. 10 mins in I said look just tell me, I'm after 60 something, is this what's on offer it's a simple yes or no. They shifted uncomfortably in their chairs and said um we are offering $39k + super. I got up, thanked them for their time and left. Was fuming the whole way back home haha.

I know the guy that ended up taking the role, he regretted every minute of it.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Over 20 years ago I went for a grad mining engineer role, they advertised market leading salary (which at the time was about $60k base + super, I was previously on $64k + super). Drove up to Sydney for the interview and the interviewers danced around the salary question. 10 mins in I said look just tell me, I'm after 60 something, is this what's on offer it's a simple yes or no. They shifted uncomfortably in their chairs and said um we are offering $39k + super. I got up, thanked them for their time and left. Was fuming the whole way back home haha.

I wouldn’t have been so restrained. Would have given them a mouthful for waisting my time.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO

yeah, that sucks. don't want to waste time on people dancing around the questions that can concern our lively hood at all. i found my character and patience tested when he said to me "you can't just make $30hr around here" after it being displayed in the add. but thankfully kept my cool. gotta be some interesting stories about the bait and switch method

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Should report em.

$30 down to $25 is about a 20% drop. If they advertise the job at $30 but only pay $25 does that mean you can just do 20% less work than what they were looking for....

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
That’s probably a good use for ZBs! :)

Your post had me thinking… it’d be an incredible long shot, but it is a fair certain that someone or something was recording the whole journey inside the Titan, and that the moment of the implosion would have been captured on the recording device or devices. If the memory card survived the implosion (not totally unreasonable as a piece of crystalline silicon is pretty strong), and if that memory card can be found and retrieved (a proverbial needle-in-a-haystack at the bottom-of-the-ocean proposition) it would make interesting viewing.
A time capsule for posterity.
A snuff movie for alien zenosocioarcheologists.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Mythbusters did an episode where they allow a diver analogue to loose pressurisation at 100m.

Now imagine this happening down a couple of thousand meters and instantaneously. ******* awesome (except for the rich bitches inside the of course). The other thing we don't really know is at what depth the vessel failed but either way there will be very little left of the meat bags that were inside that little tube.

I don't think the vessel has failed. The billionares suffocated and are perfectly preserved and sealed in a can of carbon dioxide (and nitrogen?) beside RMS Titanic.