Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Isn't an EV currently a secondary vehicle, very much like a bike?

Both can absolutely be a second vehicle, but for some reason Losh can’t possibly make an EV work (because apparently it’s only good for going to and fro work, and not much else) whereas a motorbike is just fine and dandy (and makes perfect economic sense). Go figure!

:)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Both can absolutely be a second vehicle, but for some reason Losh can’t possibly make an EV work (because apparently it’s only good for going to and fro work, and not much else) whereas a motorbike is just fine and dandy (and makes perfect economic sense). Go figure!

:)
$3k motorbike, verses $40k EV, makes perfect economic sense to me.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well my argument has been all along that for 1000s of people EV ownership will cost more than an ICE vehicle would. EV technology has a long way to come before we can eliminate the need for ICE vehicles but there has been two or three people harping on how our ICE car days are numbered. Now while this may be true it's many years away and highly unlikely to happen in my lifetime which these same couple of members seem to argue will happen.

‘two or three people’! It’s every government in the world, and every car manufacturer. Wake up (and become ‘woke’!)! :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
And Chrisp what sort of mileage does this $40k EV you're sprucing have?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
‘two or three people’! It’s every government in the world, and every car manufacturer. Wake up (and become ‘woke’!)! :)
I'm not referring to the rest of the world, I'm referring to JC members. Clearly you have a very low IQ if you can't understand that.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
And what plans do these thousands of politicians and leaders have for people going on holiday? My guess is they are pretty narrow minded and haven't even given that a thought.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm not referring to the rest of the world, I'm referring to JC members. Clearly you have a very low IQ if you can't understand that.

But you’re the one auguring against the ‘rest of the world’! :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Whatever you want it to be. :)
From what I've heard it's about 200km. I couldn't even drive to work and back on one charge on the days I work up the coast.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Well my argument has been all along that for 1000s of people EV ownership will cost more than an ICE vehicle would. EV technology has a long way to come before we can eliminate the need for ICE vehicles but there has been two or three people harping on how our ICE car days are numbered. Now while this may be true it's many years away and highly unlikely to happen in my lifetime which these same couple of members seem to argue will happen.

ICE vehicles (as we know them) days are numbered, not if but when. I'm not saying it's going to happen today or tomorrow or even next year but it will happen and I don't know how old you are are but we will see it within a generation or 2.

I'll also quite happily say that EV's as we know them now won't be the only solution or option.