Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking About a VZ Storm.........thoughts

FROGi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
Girlfriends brother bought one, and he loves it. And he owned a VY SS before that, so I reckon his opinion's pretty valid. He wants his LS1 back but he cant afford to run the bloody thing, the way he drives.

squire_j

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Turismo Blue 2005 VZ Storm Panelvan
stew7700 said:
Dunno about anyone else but my auto sv6 spins off the mark in the dry on some bitumen surfaces, whereas my vs never even threatened to do so..

yeah i dont doubt it, the SV6 is the 190kW engine, the storm only gets the 175kW engine.

plus i'm talking ute on both occasions = lighter rear end + my VZ has like 100 kilos of canopy on the back plus the usual crap in the tray.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
stew7700 said:
Dunno about anyone else but my auto sv6 spins off the mark in the dry on some bitumen surfaces, whereas my vs never even threatened to do so..

of course... 190kw versus 148kw....

but you must rev the crap out of it then dump it into drive cause when i plant my 270kw LS1 in drive it just grips and takes off.....

S

stew7700

Nah mate ive never had to do a big rev dump into drive lol! 270kw so you have mods aswell? Thats a bit strange because i know alot of a4 LS1's that will spin when planted in drive, though being an ss-z it would be relativley new still i spose? They reckon about 10,000km before they free up. How many km's have you got up on her?

Rod VZ Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm ute M6
Are you still looking for a Storm?
I got mine in April. It was one of the first few VZ Storms on the road. Mines silver, M6, front strut brace, front nudge bar, 1600KG tow pack, four tie down hooks, mudflaps, tints, locknuts and SS mats.

Barry Smith Holden (Pennant Hills NSW) had a Turismo Storm A4 June 05 plate for $28,891 + ORC which was meant to be employee pricing.
That was a few weeks ago. But I didnt see it there today when i went in for a service.
empprice.jpg

I agree with everything squireJ has said.
Its a awesome car, factory stereo is pretty good + i concur it is hard to spin the wheels. You really have to try hard and do stupid stuff to make it break traction. In the wet you can spin, but you still have to TRY to make it spin. Generally the car is very stable and predictable.
Same as squireJ, mine loosed up at 6500-8000km and im very happy.
I have 15K now. My fuel gauge is OK, it tells me im low when i have used about 50L from the 70L tank but it has always been reliable.

Here is my car (just ignore all the antennas and badging :eek: as i was a comms and safety car for a fundraising event)
stormNatPark.jpg

storm.jpg

Last edited:

Strone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S UTE
Rod VZ Storm said:
Are you still looking for a Storm?
I got mine in April. It was one of the first few VZ Storms on the road. Mines silver, M6, front strut brace, front nudge bar, 1600KG tow pack, four tie down hooks, mudflaps, tints, locknuts and SS mats.

Barry Smith Holden (Pennant Hills NSW) had a Turismo Storm A4 June 05 plate for $28,891 + ORC which was meant to be employee pricing.
That was a few weeks ago. But I didnt see it there today when i went in for a service.
empprice.jpg

I agree with everything squireJ has said.
Its a awesome car, factory stereo is pretty good + i concur it is hard to spin the wheels. You really have to try hard and do stupid stuff to make it break traction. In the wet you can spin, but you still have to TRY to make it spin. Generally the car is very stable and predictable.
Same as squireJ, mine loosed up at 6500-8000km and im very happy.
I have 15K now. My fuel gauge is OK, it tells me im low when i have used about 50L from the 70L tank but it has always been reliable.

Here is my car (just ignore all the antennas and badging :eek: as i was a comms and safety car for a fundraising event)
stormNatPark.jpg

storm.jpg

nah, after looking around for a few weeks i now have myself a impulse blue SV6 sedan. Decide to go the sedan for a change as i have had utes for like 10yrs or so.

could not be any happier with the sv6!! wicked cars!

Rod VZ Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm ute M6
Well done mate ...... the 190kw is meant to be a niceeee engine.

And good choice of colour .... i wanted impluse blue from day one but changed my mind to silver the day i bought it !

furrhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 3.8
Nudge Bar,
Hey Rod, does the nudge bar bolt straight on or do they have to weld mounts on and can it be done without removing the front bumper?

Rod VZ Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm ute M6
furrhead said:
Nudge Bar,
Hey Rod, does the nudge bar bolt straight on or do they have to weld mounts on and can it be done without removing the front bumper?

Its the genuine holden nudge bar, it had it fitted to the car when it was new. About $500 fitted.
Im pretty sure the bumper needs to come off. It bolts to some pretty decent metal brackets. It would be near impossible to get the bolts and nuts in with the bumper still on. I dont think anything is welded.
Sorry i cant answer any better :hit: ......