Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking about buying a VT.

MRPRECISION

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt
Hey,

I'm thinking about buying a supercharged V6 97 VT. It's an auto, and done a little over 205,000k's, but recently rebuilt.

The guy I'll be buying off's asking $6,000, if no issues or crash history or major problems in service history - is this too much?? I don't really know much about them, and I figure you guys would be the best to ask.

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
i'd steer away from anything thats had a rebuild. from my experiences its usually a sign the engine is gonna crap itself sooner rather than later.

i just picked up a VT Calais for much cheaper than that with the engine in immaculate condition with LPG.

vtanthony

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic edition 99 model
i bought my vt just under 5 years ago neally paid it off but i cant get 4 grand for it now they just devalue so quickly.

buy something off a old lady or man lol then you know it hasnt bee thrashed .mine had 180 on the clock when i bought it and i thought that was ok but it ended up having cracked heads and over heating a week after i bought it . ive since put a new engine in the but now the front end needs a rebuild power steeering rack .engine mounts, needs about 1 grand spent on it due to the high klms on it .it was a sales rep car so i know it would have been thrashed

R1DG3Y

Raising Hell Since 87
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 Nissan Navara D22
ill offer you mine for around double that :p
11k ono 98 VT SS 5L Manual :D
pm me if your interested

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
bought it from my mechanic of all places, i know he piced it up cheap cos the owner thought it wasnt worth much due to a few neglect issues. he cleaned up mechanically shes awesome, the stereo didnt work and has a few scratches and dents.

His son decided to get a new car and offered him his SS so he offered it to me for how much he had left to pay off his son for the SS and expects a few favours down the track (Im not saying who I work for but he wants favours from the business).

Wired new audio system last weekend shes sounding good, wiring in some USB ports soon :) and she has an appointment with body shop this sat to get the scratches and dents fixed pretty cheap as well, love having trade prices :)

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
just bought a 2000 vt ss (yeah series 2 with the chev) only 160k on the clock, 1 owner full log book servicing since original purchase, close to immaculate inside and out, got it for $12-the $4k trade in on a dellapidated 98 executive, and wow, what a differance, im never buying a 6 cylinder car again :)