Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

thinking of getting an air pod filter

LOWFLYR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Enhanced Auto cammed VXSS 5.7A4
what type of engine is in your car?? i have a unifilter rampod to suit a gen3 that i want to sell if you like. very easy installation but you will have to remove standard airbox. comes with new inlet pipe, suits maff/mafless and all necessary brackets and couplings. should take about an hour to fit up but sorry i don't have pics of it on the car.

H

hellsube

Wouldnt a pod just suck in hot air from the engine bay?

Why not do what HSV would do? Decent quality KN or UNI panel filter and a cold air intake....

Way less likely to get defected as well

R

RKZ234

hellsube said:
Wouldnt a pod just suck in hot air from the engine bay?

Why not do what HSV would do? Decent quality KN or UNI panel filter and a cold air intake....

Way less likely to get defected as well

If the car is in motion, hot air in the engine bay is being forced rearwards against the firewall and then sucked out underneath the car, so a pod on a Commodore isn't going to get any hot air unless the car is stationary.

The tpye I used retains the CAI and flows better than the factory airbox. Pod's aren't illegal in Vic.

H

hellsube

any intake mod thats not fitted to the car (or equiv) is defectable in SA

if your talking $300 for a pod setup the factory holden cold air stuff & KN panel may well be a cheaper option.

worth looking at for sure.