Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking of selling my Ve Clubsport Repica what do you guys think its worth??

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
@Ev1001 needs to use that fire extinguisher in his car to calm down a little bit... Oh wait never mind, he already sold the car for $35k + the number plates which adds up to $40k + all the parts which adds up to $100k... Actually I'm horrible at maths, he sold it for $150k :D

1702171179123.png

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
I feel sorry for the OP he just got a Bukkaki from Just Commodore forum members

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
just to help settle the thread

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I find it interesting how these threads become so emotive.

I’m just not sure is it is a form of ‘tall poppy syndrome’ that kicks in when someone claims their car is worth more than some others think it is worth? Or if it is some sort of public strutting of their bargain-hunting-prowess that kicks in, where others claim that they certainly wouldn’t pay that much?

Collectively, I would have thought that wishing and hoping that the seller gets a higher price would be good for all of us (as our own cars would also be worth correspondingly more too)? Maybe that’s the issue… some look at the advertisement (and proposed selling price) through ”buyer’s eyes” and bargain it down - even though they aren’t actually in the market.

At the end of the day, the car is worth whatever the buyer pays for it.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
@Ev1001 needs to use that fire extinguisher in his car to calm down a little bit... Oh wait never mind, he already sold the car for $35k + the number plates which adds up to $40k + all the parts which adds up to $100k... Actually I'm horrible at maths, he sold it for $150k :D

View attachment 261202

The number plates that got sold for $5K and then not sold are fitted to another members HSV, that is in QLD....

So maybe the OP is related to this person....The deminer seems to suggest they might be... :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Might get him to help with the sale of my Redline. Given what he got for a 07 model he should easily get over $40,000 for mine.

Definately should.....You're in a better state and yours in a dinky original, not a mock up.... :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I find it interesting how these threads become so emotive.

I’m just not sure is it is a form of ‘tall poppy syndrome’ that kicks in when someone claims their car is worth more than some others think it is worth? Or if it is some sort of public strutting of their bargain-hunting-prowess that kicks in, where others claim that they certainly wouldn’t pay that much?

Collectively, I would have thought that wishing and hoping that the seller gets a higher price would be good for all of us (as our own cars would also be worth correspondingly more too)? Maybe that’s the issue… some look at the advertisement (and proposed selling price) through ”buyer’s eyes” and bargain it down - even though they aren’t actually in the market.

At the end of the day, the car is worth whatever the buyer pays for it.

Yes, we all wish for top dollar for our things when we sell, but agreed, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

As I have mentioned before, with these sorts of threads, people do post up equivilant makes and models for sale for much less and still posters still reckon theirs is worth 10X more....

So I do think it's a case of tall poppy syndrome with sellers than post on here

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
The number plates that got sold for $5K and then not sold are fitted to another members HSV, that is in QLD....

So maybe the OP is related to this person....The deminer seems to suggest they might be... :)
They most likely are related lol... VE Clubsport owners (if you can even call this a Clubsport) seem to have been pretty angry on this forum lately :D