Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

This is despicable.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
I don't know how to describe this shows how little people respect the diggers.

:bang:

War veteran, 86, bashed up

* Email
* Print
* Normal font
* Large font

Yuko Narushima
May 4, 2007 - 6:50AM
AdvertisementAdvertisement

A World War II veteran was bashed in his home and robbed of his medals four days after Anzac Day, police say.

The 86-year-old man was confronted by his attacker when he returned to his Drummoyne home on The Esplanade about 9pm on Sunday, April 29.

The intruder punched the elderly man in the face and fled with his property, including five World War II medals.

The man was taken to Concord Hospital where he was treated for injuries to his face, shoulder and back. He has since been released from hospital.

The police are looking for a man, possibly of Asian appearance, about 30-years-old and tall, with a slim build, short dark hair, wearing dark clothing and white gloves.

Anyone with information that could assist investigators is asked to contact Burwood detectives on 9745 8499 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Ref: http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/war-veteran-86-bashed-up/2007/05/04/1177788345261.html

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Bastards. :mad: I hope they get one hell of an ass-raping when they end up in the clink. :mad:

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
I don't know how to describe this shows how little people respect the diggers.

:bang:

War veteran, 86, bashed up

* Email
* Print
* Normal font
* Large font

Yuko Narushima
May 4, 2007 - 6:50AM
AdvertisementAdvertisement

A World War II veteran was bashed in his home and robbed of his medals four days after Anzac Day, police say.

The 86-year-old man was confronted by his attacker when he returned to his Drummoyne home on The Esplanade about 9pm on Sunday, April 29.

The intruder punched the elderly man in the face and fled with his property, including five World War II medals.

The man was taken to Concord Hospital where he was treated for injuries to his face, shoulder and back. He has since been released from hospital.

The police are looking for a man, possibly of Asian appearance, about 30-years-old and tall, with a slim build, short dark hair, wearing dark clothing and white gloves.

Anyone with information that could assist investigators is asked to contact Burwood detectives on 9745 8499 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Ref: http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/war-veteran-86-bashed-up/2007/05/04/1177788345261.html

if it turns out he was asian,we should adopt their laws and off with his head...i'd do it with pleasure

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Doesn't matter what nationality they may be, it's still an absolute disgrace

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Doesn't matter what nationality they may be, it's still an absolute disgrace

I agree with you doesn't even matter what colour or nationality he is it's inexcusable. If he would be white I'd be just as pissed.

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
I agree with you doesn't even matter what colour or nationality he is it's inexcusable. If he would be white I'd be just as pissed.

this in itself brings in another debate...re-introduce the death penalty
i'm all for it,only in the matters of murders and rapes though,:) although it should apply to car thieves,as back in the horse days,to steal a mans horse was a hanging offence,as it was his only means of transport,but in todays society,this would be frowned upon,unless you have had a car stolen,then people would understand how you feel.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
to that elderly man it does...thats who he fought for our freedom

Not exactly he would have fought germans, italians or japenese. They said asian which can mean anyone from that area.

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
Not exactly he would have fought germans, italians or japenese. They said asian which can mean anyone from that area.

so ....what about the vietnam vets.....doesn't their opinion count?!(a little bit out of context i know,but it still applies,probably more so for this elderly man,as he understands the memories for all involved in any war)
and you are trying to tell me the japanese weren't in malaysia fighting against us and the US?

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
so ....what about the vietnam vets.....doesn't their opinion count?!
and you are trying to tell me the japanese weren't in malaysia fighting against us and the US?

Mate the guy is a WWII vet, remember it went WWII, Korea, Vietnam. I'm interested how highly you regard the PNG people considering their help was what defended Australia?