Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

This is what I ended up with

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
The other week the Mrs and I bought a replacement for our second car, an old VT to replace the Vectra that blew up on us. Thanks head gasket (yeah, major fail there). While moving her Pioneer head unit over to the VT I got that car stereo feeling and thought about a speaker upgrade for the VE. Well, a speaker upgrade turned into a thought of dabbling in amps and subs etc. Call it boyhood dream after bringing back memories of all the schoolmates I had through the 90s (yeah I'm old) putting huge systems in their old bombs more expensive than the cars themselves.

I'd always wanted a decent thumping system and I am coming into a bit of money soon. This is what I ended up with:

Pioneer 6 inch splits for the front
Pioneer 6 inch coaxials in the rear
Kicker 12 inch sub in the boot
Pioneer 4 channel amp to power the inside speakers
Kicker amp to power the sub

1391643_10203641595335340_3887283525687336485_n.jpg

I was dabbling with the idea of doing a self install because I know my way around my own car and am always up to knowing things from the inside out. But hell, I went with the pro install to do the job for me which will be done in the coming days. Mostly for convenience but overall I wanted someone who knew exactly what they were doing. Gotta tell you though, the install cost me almost as much as the system itself and I already had a headache from banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what goes with what.

The installer seems rather happy with the gear. He recommends Kicker gear with the major stuff, which is why I went with the Kicker wiring kit. Apparently he hates using anything else. Says it's much better to tune to a VE stock system. The only reason I trust this guys word is because he has nothing to lose or gain no matter what I pick from because he gets paid the same either way.

For any of you out there looking to venture into this stuff be aware you might think you have a price range and if you want things done properly I suggest you allow for more dollars than you first thought.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I think your fitter was telling you what you want to hear about kicker products lol. But seriously, good to hear you're happy mate. Every now and again I bitten by the car audio bug and rip my system out and replace it with something different.... With varying results also. Hehe

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
The way I figure it, if it's already wired and done, changing a thing or two over now and then won't be hard. I wasn't really convinced at first about Kicker but he insisted and like I said it doesn't benefit him with whatever product I went with. Besides, the sub/amp combo was heavily discounted due to it being 'end of line' product.

madhouse74

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL STATESMAN
Sound like a nice system coming together please post before and after pics want to see how clean an install he does :)