Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

This made me think... Read it slowly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
First thing I thought. Why was a child hit by a speeding driver, why were the parents so irresponsible to let her play on the road?

More education needs to be put onto pedestrians and the dangers of car vs human speeding or not. Fact is, had the driver not been speeding the girl probably would have died anyway...or worse, been a vegetable all her life.

99953458a7017215615l.jpg

ImAHoon!

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Camry?
speed doesn't kill though...

stupid f*cking people walking out in front of moving vehicles does!

and whats with all the talk about longer stopping distances in the wet, so leave a greater gap between you and the car in front...

if stopping distances are increased, then the person in front will take longer to stop too, and therefore the non wet stopping distance will be just as safe!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
OK Minux, how about this?

Life is precious. Handle with care.

The Kelsey Briggs Story

Completely different scenario mate and it is bloody disgusting.

speed doesn't kill though...

stupid f*cking people walking out in front of moving vehicles does!

and whats with all the talk about longer stopping distances in the wet, so leave a greater gap between you and the car in front...

if stopping distances are increased, then the person in front will take longer to stop too, and therefore the non wet stopping distance will be just as safe!

Apparently this world is all out of logic, it is now easier to blame someone else rather than the real reason for something happening. You only have to view some of the responses to my post to see this.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx

some logic in all of that, though it requires you to form some judgement about the stopping potential of the vehicle and of course doesnt cater for the problem of the vehicle in front of you stopping quicker than anticipated due to colliding with a vehicle in front of it!
Actually based on the numbers it would be safer to follow closer in wet weather than dry: the reaction time of drivers wont change whether its dry or wet and the car in front cant actually slow down as fast before the driver behind has had time to react.
However, I think the basic cause of more tail enders/accidents in the wet is inattention to what is happening in front, drivers can get away with it in the dry and haul on the anchors to save the day.

Stop press: to the person who left a comment in my usercp about this, please read what I write carefully. No where have I advocated that people should follow closer in the wet.......most follow too close in the dry to start with. All I have done is shed some facts on the matter, though I agree facts made available to idiots can be dangerous, which is probably where you are coming from.

Last edited:

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
OK... If this doesn't make you think twice about what you do behind the wheel, NOTHING will! At least not until it's too late.

Consequences

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
First Accident, well not sure why they werent crossing at the intersection, it is sheer lunacy to cross on such an open piece of road. AT the same time, the knob should of been paying attention, but again if the parent did the right thing and crossed at a pedestrian crossing the accident wouldn't of happened.

Second accident, this is why i say and continue to say that governments need to convey and teach the importance of concentration. Speeding is not the cause of death, concentration was here.

Third accident, well I blame the wanker who is parked half on the roadway. The guy was doing 120 km/h, hitting a solid pole even at 100 would of wiped out the family. Am I condoning speeding? Not at all, simply saying speeding again was not the main factor.

Accident 4, well self explanatory, do they not teach kids to look left then right then left before walking out from behind a parked vehicle, hardly the poor van drivers fault.

Accident 5, again, what has speed to do with it? Training people to lock up their dogs or to not swerve for animals would be a better option. Those sort of accidents cannot be helped, how do you guess that an animal will run in front of you as you overtake?

Last aussie ads, well its a stationary burnout that a couple of street scrags didnt like? Big deal, can someone list the deaths on Australia roads due to a burnout at the lights?

In every one of these videos, except the stupid aussie one at the end, ther eis one major factor that is missed in all licence testing and seems to be lacking from many many people these days. Concentration.

It is rarely mentioned in licensing and is the cause of most road accidents in Australia. However, governments cannot make money off fining people for lack of concentration how can it be proven? So we have to continually be told that because someone was doing over a speed limit that speed was the main factor, even though latest reports prove that in some 90% of accidents concentration is the number 1 contributing factor.

It is time the government and many of the population got this into their heads instead of blaming everything else.

*puts on flame suit*

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
I have to agree with Minux on this...

The other week I was listening to a road saftey add and the officer was saying that a woman went to overtake a turning truck while speeding and hit the truck and died...

Well sorry, I only have one thing to say about that, she is just a dumb ***** for overtaking a turning truck, speeding or not, it's posted all over the back of them "Do not overtake turning vehicle"[/rant]

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I don't think you need a flame suit. What you say makes perfect sense.

I just think stuff like this is a good wake up call to get people to think about their actions on the road and what can happen. Unfortunately some things are unavoidable, but as you say it's a concentration issue mostly so if people start to think about consequences, perhaps they're concentrate more....

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
However, governments cannot make money off fining people for lack of concentration how can it be proven? *

As soon as you can find a way of figuring out if people are concentrating, other than crashed cars then it could be done, but how are you going to change what they do anyway, some just have limited ability to concentrate. How about we just stop all the kids that couldnt stay focused at school from driving? who knows, perhaps there are stats that tell us they have more accidents.:w00t:

In a perfect world we could all travel as fast as we like, but people make mistakes, misjudgements........thats one of the major reasons why we have speed limits, to actually keep in check the consequences of the mistakes....and of course to get revenue from the completely stupid.(sarc)

policehoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE
Where did I say speed anyway, nice way to twist some words to suit what you wanted to say?

I simply said, if parents were more responsible for their children speeding or not the child wouldn't be dead. It is hardly arrogance it is truth. Hard to hit a child when they are not on the road. Fact is, had parents been watching their child no motorist would of hit them.

Apparently we can blame the police for being heavy handed when dropping dead a ******** wielding knife bandit, never mind the fact that had the parents been doing their job this kid would of been at home doing schoolwork instead of robbing shops and threatening the lives of local citizens(albeit police officers) but god forbid we blame parents for not looking after their children. It seems ot never be the parents fault these days.

As a police officer I attend loads of accidents that are attributed to speed. Most end up off the road in someone's front lawn against another parked car or a tree.

Now just imagine if your son our daughter was playing in the front yard at the time the speeding motorist came crashing thru your front door.

Not so long ago in WA a drunk speeding motorist struck a mum and a baby in a pram who were just retreiving the mail from the mail box.

Sadly the baby died. In your widsom, was it the mothers fault for taking the baby with her to check the mail or the speeding driver who lost control of his car............

Status
Not open for further replies.