Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

This old girl got life in her or what?

666mjn

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Black VF Series II Auto
Gday folks, "this old girl" is these forums...

I'm not actually up to snuff on the #house-rules around here but I've finally bought myself a Holden worthy of joining this forum and was wondering if this even a place where people still ask questions etc or if its one of those "duh idiot, check history" type situations...

Anyway, I've got plenty to schmooze and catch up on, so there's that, but if anyone is out there I'd be more than happy with just a hello - don't be shy!

(Looking for a tuner in Sydney/West Ryde area, but ~<1hr travel is fine)

Cheers.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Ask questions as you please.
As long as it's not what's the best oil people will try to help.
I think there are tuners around 7 hills and castle hill but I haven't used either.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Great tuner is castle hill. Dale from castle hill exhaust

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Among the many things I sincerely despise about Facebook, is that it took alot of traffic away from forum websites like this.

These forums I find are such great sources of info for our cars (just like falcon forums) so I hope they never go away. Im in a few Facebook groups for commodores, and my god, im sick of the "what exhaust for my v6?" posts

Only other rule?

When Ron Burgundy is around, dont mention Brembos

I mentioned it once and think I got away with it alright ;)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Great tuner is castle hill. Dale from castle hill exhaust
Unsure whether Dale still tunes stuff at Castle Hill Exhaust - he sold the place but for a while was still working there … however, I’m pretty sure the others know what they’re doing after about a billionty years of LS-ing.

Silverwater Automotive Services used to be fairly local (they seemed to do a reasonable job with my Volvo - but a from-scratch tune on a MoTeC connected to a lump of barely-formed iron-ore is a different thing to a factory-smooth tune for a modern engine) but are now in Seven Hills: https://www.dynotuning.com.au/

Among the many things I sincerely despise about Facebook, is that it took alot of traffic away from forum websites like this.
It’s odd isn’t it … the Faecebook crowd are a lower-quality type of online user, but it still seems useful to have the extra volume added by “those people”.

Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
When Ron Burgundy is around, dont mention Brembos

I mentioned it once and think I got away with it alright ;)

I have to be honest, I'm still traumatised.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Unsure whether Dale still tunes stuff at Castle Hill Exhaust - he sold the place but for a while was still working there … however, I’m pretty sure the others know what they’re doing after about a billionty years of LS-ing.

Silverwater Automotive Services used to be fairly local (they seemed to do a reasonable job with my Volvo - but a from-scratch tune on a MoTeC connected to a lump of barely-formed iron-ore is a different thing to a factory-smooth tune for a modern engine) but are now in Seven Hills: https://www.dynotuning.com.au/

It’s odd isn’t it … the Faecebook crowd are a lower-quality type of online user, but it still seems useful to have the extra volume added by “those people”.
I always thought it was Dave that owned it and Dale worked for him

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I always thought it was Dave that owned it and Dale worked for him
I didn’t really want to pry, but I got the impression that he sold it to someone who may or may not have been Dave, so it’s certainly possible he said he’d sold his stake in it.