Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thought you guys might be interested

LETZRIDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Camaro
Thought you guys might be interested on some progress with the "American" 3.8L version of your motor.

I haven't been to the track since 2010, and still have a few bugs to work out of this setup.

Best time is a 13.4@ 100.77mph in the 1/4 mile....I still havent got my holden intake manifold installed yet :(

Just curious...what kind of times are you guys pulling N/A with the 3.8's?? I've been out of the aussie loop for a bit...

Both videos are the same run, just from two different angles.

Last edited by a moderator:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Not bad for the 6 banger. What cam and head work has been done? Is that standard comp or raised?

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Do you guys in the states stroke them out to 4.2ltrs?

PJDM1980

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
There is a bloke on this site that has 217rwkw and has run a 13.2 quarter mile from his N/A 3.8 Ecotec.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
There is a bloke on this site that has 217rwkw and has run a 13.2 quarter mile from his N/A 3.8 Ecotec.

Reliability factor. 0 :rofl2:

LETZRIDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Camaro
Not bad for the 6 banger. What cam and head work has been done? Is that standard comp or raised?

Heads have been port and polished locally, they have 1.9 intake and 1.57 exhaust valves (manley's) The compression is roughly 9:9:1 on this motor. The cam is a custom ground cam 230/240 .512/.512 113LSA.

A full list of my mods is here

Do you guys in the states stroke them out to 4.2ltrs?

There was a few guys that tried, irrc stroking these motors hasn't been very reliable. I think you guys have one proven stroker kit if I am not mistaken? but isn't it like $3000?

All I know is the few guys on our end that have tried ended up breaking the cranks. My car is still the N/A 3.8L

How much does the car weigh?

Car for this run was roughly 3140 lbs, I actually hopped on the scale a few days after I got back from the track.

That's pretty solid, what's done to that car? Is there a build thread on it?