Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

thoughts on a aluminum radiator for a v8

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
hey ppl looking at getting a aluminum radaitor for my vn v8 engine in my vl,
is there any negative or positive feedback on them???

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.

NPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC
I have a Fenix aluminium radiator, no problems so far. As said above earth it properly and really flush your engine before fitting. Earthing the radiator protects against electrolysis. I am using Nulon long life coolant, it is green and the directions claim it is safe for all Holden Commodores and protects aluminium, brass, copper, solder, cast iron etc.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah my engine has just been rebuild not even started so should have no probs than thanks guys.

VQ-Assault

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VQII Statesman
a standard triple core brass radiator is what you want. the alloy radiators and their quality is always questionable. lots of people who have them have had problems

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
I thought that too until I finally ditched my leaking heap of **** Aussie desert cooler brass copper radiator and replaced it with a cheap $200 alloy radiator from ebay. No more leaks and it actually cools better. And if it can keep my 500+ Hp semi grout filled lump of cast iron cool then it should cool just about anything. China has picked up their act in production of things like this these days, the welders coming out of Asia are some of the best in ther world.

As long as you don't have any stray current then you shouldn't have a problem.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
^ yeah the price seems reasonable,how long have you had it in the car for? did you use red coolant and where and how did you earth,cheers.

jonko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5 ltr
ive just put one in my vn v8 drag/burnout car paid $350 for it i didnt turn my car off for about 2 or 3 hours and when racing each burnout was hitting rev limiter and it didnt go over 80 deg c in burnout comp it did get hot but its a small pad with walls my temp went to almost 200 deg and it still doesnt leak i wont be going back to brass one. i used non premix green coolent Nulon long life coolant and it says it is safe in these radiators