Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thoughts on VC Brock kit on VH SLE

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
Just think the body mod part over lol, as ive seen some of the SLE's youve owned then rejected, then yearned to replace, and they have been close to being perfect rides, and it appears you have a taste for the originals. As far as driveline is concerned, the wilder the better to a degree. If I could find an SLE I was happy with, id have no problems in ripping out the driveline and wrapping up to be reinstalledat a later date, then fitting any engine combo that didnt require a hole in the bonnet or cutting of fresh holes. I modded my solid cammed 355 to achieve this by adding a COME single plane which allowed under bonnet fitment, it ran a heavily modded trimatic and VLT diff to keep factory looks.
I had a well known Commodore Guru turn up once in the crankiest sounding Blu Meanies which retained the stock look under the hood including Rochestor, B Cast heads and factory manifold, but thats taking it to another level.

saladine1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 5.7
OK, that's it!
My mind is made up.
My mechanic mate has just finished ripping everything out of the engine bay. I'll be handing the car over to my spray painter mate tomorrow for engine bay prep and repaint.
I have an original 86k VL 304 sitting in the garage as well as a VL V8 diff. Will rebuild to cranky 308 but keep it looking factory in the bay..original rocker covers, original Brock air cleaner, retain cruise control transducer, retain fuel low meter, retain rochester carby(modified), retain GM intake(modified)...etc.
Put in the VL diff and keep the trimatic.
Store the blue 253, store the Salisbury diff.
Done.
Thanks fellas.

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
Have you seen the two tone brown one on CT forums classifieds for $13,000? Has a metal scoop welded into bonnet, mint tan trim, driveline is getting there but not quite wild enough to suit the scoop yet lol... It is sex on wheels ;)

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
Correct me if I'm wrong ......but that pic isn't a VH

It is a vc but i posted it to show the 2 tone with flares as vb/c/h have the same body lines where the fitment of the kit would affect the 2 tone, beside that the kit is originally a vc kit however as i stated you could get vh brocks from hdt with the flares etc..

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 308/T350. 1989 FJ75 Toyota Troopcarrier
It is a vc but i posted it to show the 2 tone with flares as vb/c/h have the same body lines where the fitment of the kit would affect the 2 tone, beside that the kit is originally a vc kit however as i stated you could get vh brocks from hdt with the flares etc..
That car is actually a VB with a VC grill. The hint of what it is is on the number plate "HDT-NO1".

article linked to by pjdm1980 said:
The two-tone green machine was the first HDT special edition built by the late motor-racing legend in 1979.

The VB Commodore has only had two owners since Brock sold it in 1982.

The current owner has had it for more than 17 years and spent that time restoring it to original condition. The car carries the number plates ''HDT NO1''.

saladine1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 5.7
Alright, so I've almost finished the project.

Went with no flares lol.

I've also stored the 253 and went with a 308. Left the engine bay looking factory, but built the engine to Group 3 235kw HO spec. I'm glad I did.

DSZnDfZ.jpg

pH99Z5r.jpg

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Looks schmick!

What's involved in the 235 motor?