Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle Body Iac Valve

timboss04

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
nEED some help with my iac valve

timboss04

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
Hey guys, a while back i cleaned out my throttle body and adjusted my iac valve, now bacause ove this my lpg wont fire on start off and if i swith it over while it is running it stalls. Any Ideas

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
what do you mean "adjusted" the iacv?
this is controlled by the engine management system & isnt adjustable, if you have forced it while apart you have probably broken it.
Rob

P

PoweruP

Yup i agree with doc bob, they are non adjustable and dont like being messed with.

daniel VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim S2
hi guys iv got a vr s2 where is the ica located. iv cleaned the throttle body before but accually haven't taken it apart. i know its there somewhere, but where?

cheers

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
remove the lpg, hehehe, but yeah non repairable and non adjustable item, i think there about 30 or 60 bucks last time i bought one

timboss04

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
But in the gregorys manual for VP and VQ, it says that prior to installing the valve to to the throttle body measure the distance between the tip of the pintle and the flange mounting face. If the distance is greater than 28mm, push the pintle towards the valve body while moving it slightly side to side until it retracts to a distance less than 28mm.

So dose anyone know how much (mm) the IAC VALVE should be set to if the car is on LPG?????????????????????

P

PoweruP

The IAC is the larger black plug that will have i think 3-4 wires coming from it it will have a screw holding it into the TB, on the innerside it should have a fairly small metal stick coming out with a cone shaped end. I cant imagine how ya could have adjusted this as you shouldnt be able to move it with out considerable force and is a sealed unit.

timboss04

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
I found out what its was anyway it was my safty switch for the LPG the unit was goneeee. Any way i am possitve what i wrote about the iac being able to adjust is 100% accurate and it isent sealed where the cone shaped rod is just below it their is a metal cover which u push down underneath it is a spring and also displays the rest of the rod. Pushing the cover down allows u to adjust it if dont ur just push it up against the cover.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
yes and it is controlled by the ECM, all you will do by forcing it is either damage it or simply confuse the ECM.

Rob