Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle Body Repairs

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Hi,
I've been having issues with my throttle body throwing error codes intermittently. L98.
Throwing p0222 and once a p2136. I changed the harness connecting onto the body with no luck..
My question is, should I open up the sensor part of the throttle body? I don't know if its the sorta thing that when you open it, you can't put it back together. It's got 5 pin torx screws which aren't in my kit, may buy some on ebay.
I wonder if the sensor is repairable, the error code says sensor B's voltage is too low momentarily. .

I tried to get to the ECU to take off the connectors there but found it awkward, and couldn't take the plug off there. Does anyone have any hints getting the massive plug off? Is it worth rerunning the whole cable from ECU to TPS or changing the throttle body-they are over $500 and I don't have any spare I could swap.

Many thanks for anyone's thoughts, this has been driving me mad!

Ronnie37

Reaction score
Members Ride
G8 GT
Used Throttle Body is around $200, even less for the old LS2 type. Depending on your year you may be able to run either. What color is your throttle plate?

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Used Throttle Body is around $200, even less for the old LS2 type. Depending on your year you may be able to run either. What color is your throttle plate?

Thanks for the response Ronnie. Its a MY09 dec 2008, auto. I dont remember exactly the colour but I can take it off tomorrow and have a look. Do you think the ls2/3 throttle body could fit? It looks similar in photos.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
See blades open differently LS2 / LS3 - top opening vs bottom opening. Silver TB works with ecus upto my08 with their os's and brass with my09 onwards. The latter ecus can open either way up or down. So if yours is brass then I can sell you my low km LS3 (brass) for $150 inc postage.

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
i bought my throttle body on ebay genuine for $250

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
See blades open differently LS2 / LS3 - top opening vs bottom opening. Silver TB works with ecus upto my08 with their os's and brass with my09 onwards. The latter ecus can open either way up or down. So if yours is brass then I can sell you my low km LS3 (brass) for $150 inc postage.

Thanks for the expertise and offer, but dangit mines silver!

So that means an LS2 TB is compatible, good to know.
Ebay ones seem to be around $600, I asked Repco they wanted over 2K( much to the shopkeepers surprise)
The cable ones are so so cheap...

bozodos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 MY06

I've yet to see the silver blade TB's for under $5-600, let me know if you know of somewhere that is!

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
don't just look on ebay, have a look at summit, vpw, US spare parts places etc should find a lot cheaper including postage, try these guys
Home | Injectronics -

Will check them out, thanks.

I've yet to see the silver blade TB's for under $5-600, let me know if you know of somewhere that is!

I don't know why the v6 ones are $150 and the v8 are $600, it's not like they're that complex.
My 0222 code came up again today, will have to start contacting wreckers!
I wonder if an American car uses the same part or if it's just an expensive (and fragile) Holden special.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Will check them out, thanks.

I don't know why the v6 ones are $150 and the v8 are $600, it's not like they're that complex.
My 0222 code came up again today, will have to start contacting wreckers!
I wonder if an American car uses the same part or if it's just an expensive (and fragile) Holden special.

Yes G8 is same (except MY9.5)