Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ticking from vt s/c 460le auto????????????

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
just wondering if anyone know's if my auto should be ticking when i switch the ignition on. if turn ignition on and dont start it is sounds like theres a blinker in there. not sure if its ment to do it or not cause when i had standard ecotec in it i never herd it. is it normal or something needs replacing???? and what could it be if it dose need replacing.
any help/info would be appreciated , thanks

Darkk_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharged V6
i have the same auto in my s/c vt no ticking though im not even sure where to begin with what it could be but it aint normal best bet is to take it to a transmission place and have it look at :) good luck

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah its got me stuffed what it is too, take's about 10seconds after ignition is on then it starts, almost sounds like its a little pump, has a slight squeek to it as it ticks

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Starter motor/ solenoid will be the cause of the noise. Either the starter relay is intermittent and engaging/ disengaging the starter solenoid or the solenoid is getting power but not functioning correctly.

Reaction score
Members Ride
do you know what the likely cause would be ??? cause it wont start unless i bridge the diognosis teminals or starter relay teminals either.
i've just put the motor, box ,ecu, wiring, in my car. used to be standard ecotec up upgraded to l67, but gee is it doing my head in now. had the ecu and bcm linked, but thinking he didnt do it right(did it with old ecotec chip in the s/c ecu)but have changed it to s/c chip now and not sure if its worth paying agiain to get it linked again. the self diognosis thing wont work either, dosnt even flash to say its clear, light just stays on till i start the car then go's off...

Reaction score
Members Ride
if i remove the (auto trans fues) it stops the ticking.
took out the starter relay and it didnt stop it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
:realangry im over it

M

mwb235

just wondering if anyone know's if my auto should be ticking when i switch the ignition on. if turn ignition on and dont start it is sounds like theres a blinker in there. not sure if its ment to do it or not cause when i had standard ecotec in it i never herd it. is it normal or something needs replacing???? and what could it be if it dose need replacing.
any help/info would be appreciated , thanks

Yep my L67 does it too, has done ever since i bought it. Thanks for starting this thread it's reassuring (to me at least) that i'm not the only one with this annoying little issue!

:realangry im over it

Hehe that's the same conclusion i came to over 12 months ago after no mechanic / auto elec / transmission shop would believe i had a "problem" (except perhaps in my mind!)

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
myne does it aswell... think its the overdrive solenoid after putting it on a hoist.. only does it sometimes but yeah done it with the first trans and a replacement

Reaction score
Members Ride
did you put your motor in a standard/non s/c vt, or was it all factory????

Last edited: