Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tiger Mica VX, another manual v6 with a clubby kit.

.:FunkyMonk:.

Just call me Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX manual mang machine
Tiger Mica VX, another manual v6 with a clubby kit. Blue LED dash :)

Name: Steve
Model: 2001 VX Exec
Colour: Tiger Mica
Body Kit: VX Clubsport, VX SS spoiler, HSV/Calais headlights, not sure what type, got them cheap.
Engine Type: Ecotec 3.8lt
Engine Mods: CAI....
Power: Factory -8 years + CAI and exhaust.
Exhaust: Pacemaker headers, hi flow cat, 2.5" cat back
Gearbox: Gretag 5 speed manual
Diff: Stock
Brakes: Stock
Suspension: SSL, Pedders Sport Rider Shocks
Wheels: 19" CSA Vanquish
Interior: VY SS Black leather seats and door trims, Blue LED dash/controls/foot well lights, satin chrome door handles, air vents, and VY SS Pedals, LED center console globe.
Other Mods: Power windows, cruise, de-badged, colour codded mirrors and side strips
Stereo: Alpine CDA-9886iB Head Unit, Alpine Type R 6" Splits front, Alpine Type R 6x9's rear, Alpine MRP-F550 600w 4 channel amp. Ipod dock in the center console.
Build Period: Well....I've had it for close on three years.
Cost: $10k for the car + ???
Contacts: U-Pullit

Future Mods: Finish interior, retrim front seats (maybe new foams?), hi ratio roller rockers, and boot install, then just keep her clean and happy.

Thought I'd sign up on the JC forums after a few years of lurking, and I'm also a bit over the crap over on SC...

So yes, here is my car. Nothing special, but she keeps me happy. Currently trying to fix a broken power window, and painting all the interior plastics black, then trying to track down some black roof lining.

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0087-1.jpg

DSC_0090-1.jpg

DSC_0097-1.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

Last edited:

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Ok.. usually I don't care much for mock clubbies, but your's look immaculate... Nice work.

vuchris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VU ute
looks nice! wheels suit it well

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
agree with jester, but man, thats clean as.
awesome.

.:FunkyMonk:.

Just call me Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX manual mang machine
Thanks guys. She does ok, gets plenty of looks, and somehow doesn't get in too much trouble with the boys in blue.

Latest mods..... 4 new tyres? haha. I'll have a full LED dash conversion done by the end of the week, so that should be good. Also should really get my butt into gear and finish the interior....

I want to upgrade the suspension, as I'm sick of paying for chiropractors to fix my back due to the car. I've considered replacing the shocks with Monroe GT sports, but also thinking some Pedders XA coilovers. I know it's 4x the cost for all 4 corners, just don't really know if it is worth the extra money?

Last edited:

Jordzz

VL Calais 5 Spd ### yea
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais 5spd VT S 5spd VX Berlina VP 5spd VS Cal
Geez, this thing is crazy. beautiful colour and manual..you got good taste mate, im a bit biased cos mine is the same coulour ahs leather and manual just like yours just not clubby kitted :( great work mate looks the part :)