Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Time To Sell?

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
nah the fronts are ok...just really the backs...the previous owner must have run them low on the pads coz they were like it wen i got the car and they've got sum pretty decent gouges in them....but wen i did the pads i was guna do all the rotors aswell

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
oh well we'll see wat happens anyway....ive put it on carsales and if it sells then it sells if i doesnt then ill just replace wat needs doing

cheers guys
ryan

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
persoanlly fix ya car and keep it it will feel like a new car
like others say ya might end up buying pos that needs 3k spent on it
all cars need tyres
all cars need brakes

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
id keep ur uterus man some of those things u can get dun 4 alot cheaper eg. if u do have 1 blown tweeter im sure u can get a single tweeter and replace it easy enough with out costing u 270 mayb $100 max if u get some1 2 fit it aswell. as 4 the rotors well i got all 4 rotors and brakes pads replaced bout 8 months ago all up costed bout $400 but that means u dont get slotted rotors but y would u wen there r faily noisy? personal preference there tho and ur clutch could b dun later as u said it isnt that bad yet but the tyres n brakes would need doin 4 safety reasons........well hope thats enough 2 change ur mind man :p

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
I think you're jumping the gun a bit. All cars need maintaining and thats a fact of life you know this when you buy so you should be prepared for it. The things that need to be done to your car are pretty standard so I don't understand why you would want to sell it and upgrade to a VY SS which like everyone else said might need a bit of money to go into it.

Like you said you're a student so maintaining the car may be a bit hard money wise but hey you should have known that before you started your studies/ bought the car.

Keep the car fix what you can/ is most important then later on sell it. Someone who knows a bit about cars will notice most of the stuff wrong with it when they test drive it so your probably not gonna get what you ask for if you try and sell it.

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
id keep ur uterus man some of those things u can get dun 4 alot cheaper eg. if u do have 1 blown tweeter im sure u can get a single tweeter and replace it easy enough with out costing u 270 mayb $100 max if u get some1 2 fit it aswell. as 4 the rotors well i got all 4 rotors and brakes pads replaced bout 8 months ago all up costed bout $400 but that means u dont get slotted rotors but y would u wen there r faily noisy? personal preference there tho and ur clutch could b dun later as u said it isnt that bad yet but the tyres n brakes would need doin 4 safety reasons........well hope thats enough 2 change ur mind man :p

yeh im considering it hey....its on carsales atm..but i was thinking about selling it next yr anyway....but ill c wat happens....ill leave it there for a week if nothing eventuates then ill keep her....i really do love my car but wen heaps of **** needs doin at once (like my pos VN ive had a bad experience) and i dont have the money i just wana get rid of it....but i must say i nearly did take it off car sales just then....but that would be wastin my $30 lol

cheers
ryan

VTS07

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VT S series II
how long have u had it for?

vtsuperchargedboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT supercharged
you said you have an old volvo that you can drive if you sell the vuv6? so hey, drive the old volvo while saving money to fix the car and then fix the vuv6!

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
how long have u had it for?

bit over a yr....rekon ill take it off carsales in a week hey...really dont want to sell it but yeh if someone offers me 19k then ill take it....and i dont think the clutch is as bad as wat i thought...it slips a bit but not that much

vtsuperchargedboy: lol yeh i mite end up doin that hey...its not too crash hot on the fuel but yeh if needed id drive it...lol yeh and its pink hahaha

cheers
ryan

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
YAY! dont need a new clutch....went and get it checked and the bloke said that its all gud....so thats a relief! had sumone ring me bout the ute....seems interested but i duno....hell thinkin bout a VU maloo....mmmm :yeah: before they get too old...but hey ill c wat eventuates...:thumbsup:

cheers
ryan