Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tim's 98 VS S Pac Ute (First Car)

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Decided to put in some blue neon footwell lights on a boring day.
They go into the cigarette power source, although the wires were too short and they stuck out everywhere making the interior look hella messy. So me and a mate lengthened the wires and hid them all under the centre console and behind the seats which looks heaps cleaner and this way if i get pulled up my the police i can ditch the switch out of the cigarette output quickly.
Next is changing my dash lights to blue to suit the footwells and the stereo. And yes that big orange light on my dash is where my temperature gauge needle used to be but decided to fall out, so now i have a big orange light in my face at night, getting that fixed next week too!
28gxmwx.jpg

11qprig.jpg

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
nice man.. yea i want the blue dash light kit but ppl hav had dodgy ones off ebay that are dim n ugly..
might wait that one out till i find a trustworthy seller. can u buy em in shops?
yeah mate i have seen some dodgey ones. there is a thread on this forum that shows you how to do it and i think they might give you a link for a good kit, i can't remember.
i have no idea about the shops, might have to go shop round, let me know how you go mate.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride

Jonnii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z-Series Ute
Yea i was pretty lucky with my ss parts foglights, bezzels and front lip all for $170. Just keep lookin mate they will pop up

dzire

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E3 R8 'Black Edition'
Nice lookin ute man! Saw one exactly the same but in brisbane today. Had the full SS front bar with legit foggies and everything. Looked much better than the sedan. If you have the money I'd definately consider it ay, haha only down side is its a V6 :p haha. Upside is its a manual. Wish mine was manual. Oh well conversion on the way i guess? :D

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
those footwell neons look nice mate, much like mine. excpet i wired a swith into them so i can turn them off and on by the flick of a switch, and no wires to be seen :)

if i want more info i just pm me buddy. ute comn along nice mate

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice lookin ute man! Saw one exactly the same but in brisbane today. Had the full SS front bar with legit foggies and everything. Looked much better than the sedan. If you have the money I'd definately consider it ay, haha only down side is its a V6 :p haha. Upside is its a manual. Wish mine was manual. Oh well conversion on the way i guess? :D
cheers mate, she is coming along one small small step at a time. i am shopping around for the bar and foggies, just need to save some kesh, year 12 and a part time job is hard to balance with mods on the ute. haha, i wish it was a v8, one day i will get one, but for now a manual 6 is more then enough power for me haha. manual conversion ftw mate, go for it.

those footwell neons look nice mate, much like mine. excpet i wired a swith into them so i can turn them off and on by the flick of a switch, and no wires to be seen :)
if i want more info i just pm me buddy. ute comn along nice mate
thanks mate, i love the look. i just did the job quickly to see if it was going to turn out alright, still looks clean and neat, i might wire it up properly in the future, when i get round to it that is haha.

neons look nice as mate..makes me wanna do mine now :p im same as u..want the blue dash lights..but i also want it done properly so it looks gud lol
cheers mate, ends up looking real nice, makes changing gears at night all that much more fun now. i ordered some dash lights the other day off ebay, they came yesterday, waiting till i get my new dash soon as my current one is falling apart, then i will put them in. i'll let you konw!