Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinny's ute - Pic heavy, so only for anyone interested.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
406498_214636318629983_100002508498130_430374_1933463424_n.jpg

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Not fair buddy!! I want your skills to keep my car looking awesome!!! Maybe you should start a webinar on how to polish your car! :)

There's a million 'webinars', clinics and how-tos online and some of the supply boutiques run classes for about 40 bucks, I think. You just need to be a little bit careful with which ones you trust. Flick me a PM if you'd like to check one out in Melbourne, I'll forward you a link to it. They run through everything from basic maintenance techniques to corrections and the like. CCP run them in Sydney from memory.

*ahem* .. Combo please :)

Looks like it came out perfect mate

Pretty happy with it actually. Had a bit of time, so was playing around with a few new products that have hit the local market but have had good reviews O/S, and one I've been putting off trying on my own car, as opposed to others.

Gave it a quick correction to lose some wash-induced marring and some mechanic scuffs - there were a few deeper cuts that got a bit of a sand, wasn't too fussy though. I'd also been checking the durability of a couple of products, so it's really had nothing on it for a few weeks and was a little worse for wear. Definitely time for a freshen up. Finshed it off with the new OPT G-P-S, which is an all in one product, but not a filler - it stands for Glaze-Polish-Seal - so they've marketed it as a finishing polish, glaze and sealant. Kind of like a sprayable version of poli-seal but with a bit more bite. I was quite surprised at how much cut it had, actually - having used it on a few cars now, it can be a massive time saver. I like that it doesn't fill, but you do need to work it a bit. It will glaze in a pass or two, but keep working it and it finishes down perfectly. Like I said, much the same as poli-seal, particularly when you use it with a rotary but it does have more bite. I used OCW to clear up the residue (wasn't much anyway - again, like poli-seal) and the two products work really well together. I've had some Naviwax sitting around for a while, but hadn't used it on my car as I didn't think it would have much of an impact. It's now wearing two layers and it definitely deepened the colour a shade but the slickness is what wins it. The paint is hugely metallic, so you'll never get much depth from it but taking that into account, I was quite impressed. I've used it on blacks and reds and it's fantastic but kind of fobbed it off for metallics. Clearly, it's good for just about anything! Probably wouldn't bother with pale colours still. It does rob some clarity - the GPS/OCW combo had amazing clarity - but the sheer wetness left on the paint now makes up for that. I get the impression that it will fill a little also, so could come in handy in between corrections. Plastics and tonneau were all done with PERL and tyres done with Opti-Bond.

I did use GPS to remove some light hazing in the head and tail light lenses also, and left it on to seal.

All up, I think I spent about 5 hours on it, taking my time and actually eating while I worked for a change - not counting the wax layering 2 days later when I got time. My car only seems to get attention at night or when it's raining now :rofl2: - busy is good though.

shauniie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 hsv ve r8 clubby oh baby!
thought ud dissapeared havent seen ur thread updated for a bit haha how that green machine goin ?

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
Nice one, pics when they're installed

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I got slotted rotors and remsa pads from Greg so much better.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
That's the go Tinny, some pics mate when fitted please.

Cheers.