Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinting front headlight covers

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
I was wondering if I could just tint the front headlight covers (with the tinting spray) and when I need to register/have a legal car, just take the covers off? I think another member of this forum has done it, and from memory it looked cool.

Would this work well? Its on a VR berlina.

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
Great for night driving mate....Dont do it...

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
lol, good point. I guess vision at night beats looking cool in the day :)

R

rattattack1313

Personally,I reckon it looks awesome....but would never do it to headlights I was using day-to-day..........a pair for when I put her in a show, yea..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Can you still buy the headlight covers? I would love to have 1 set for the day (tinted) and one for night or whenever I need the lights.

B3NKobe

Reaction score
Members Ride
car
Keep the headlights nice and clear mate, the look nice at night with some nice white/blue globes

EVL253

i hate cops!
Reaction score
Members Ride
cranky black VB SLE
just get some clip on clip off covers.spray the INSIDE of the covers with gloss black paint and when it comes night lift the bonnet and unclip em

painting the inside stops stonechips etc on the paint.

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
I already have clip on covers, they came with the car. Tinting the inside is a damn good idea. However, I have been re thinking the situation, and since I have a dark car (dark purple) I think it would look best with some contrast, ie, clear lights.

Thanks though guys

W

wartisimo

sprayed the inside of my headlight covers on my old vh (god bless its soul) looked good and had no dramas driving at night -it is a bit illeagal but

VROCIOUS

Searching for more HP
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
04 HSV VY update Avalanche
tinting your covers is fine just remember to TAKE THEM OFF at night or you will get in the **** big time a) boys in blue adding yellow to your car and b) voiding your insurance due to you tampering with a safety measure