Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tip : Rear Bass Enhancer

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
It sounds really good without an amp or subwoofer and an improvement on what I had. I did not need to install anything that wasn't already there, some people might appreciate the tip - if you don't agree you can shut the f up because I clearly made the point, in no way is it supposed to be a substitute for people with money and the willingness to install new wiring etc etc.

It's not an improvement on what you had, You purchased additional $230 speakers or $160 on sale and then claimed your wife doesn't know.

An active under seat subwoofer can be had around $150, It takes 1rca, 1 power, 1 ground, 1 remote wire. Most can be run from a 10A cigarette lighter if you like it easy and turned on via a switch, So only requires 2metres of a single RCA.
They are generally secured with Velcro to the floor carpet under the passenger seat.

They are a 1hour install VS' changing existing speakers.

You need to be less offensive in telling people to "f up" when we are just pointing out your reasoning & "tip" are not exactly helpful or smart that's all and your idea was actually more expensive.

Cheer up pal, It's okay.

Cheers

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Where did I say that anybody had to spend any money? I wanted new rear speakers anyway, other people might already have good rear speakers and it will cost them nothing.
Forget it, according to you I made a mistake - I disagree - go hijack someone else's thread now.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Where did I say that anybody had to spend any money? I wanted new rear speakers anyway, other people might already have good rear speakers and it will cost them nothing.
Forget it, according to you I made a mistake - I disagree - go hijack someone else's thread now.

It's okay shueardm, If you like it. That's all that matters like I said in my original post before you started acting like you had a pair of 6" speakers in your rear.

You need to read what others say and take on board that maybe your idea wasn't the best, Instead of just hurling abuse.

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
If you don't have the money or the space for an amp and sub you might want to try this out yourself, like I said though you must have good quality rear speakers for it to work

I thought I made it easy to understand my context - you just wanted to take me down a cog because it makes you feel smart

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
you can get extra bass but turning up up the "bass" setting and turning down the "treble" setting on most radios these days too.

so yeah, keep that in mind.

Damn straight. Hell, back when my VY was bone stock in the Audio department, I turned the bass up and had plenty of bass, enough to shake all 3 mirrors. My sub makes it look pitiful, but it worked.

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
By using the RBE it brings the focus towards the front component speakers rather than centralized while keeping bass in the rear. So " i think" it works well. I also use the graphic EQ on Power Amp when using BT audio.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Why don't you just stop now, and walk away from the keyboard.....

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Because he's all about that Bass, 'bout that Bass, no Treble.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Take factory commodore subs. Use factory amp or cheap 2 channel amp. Disconnect rear doors, switch on RBE and walk away...