Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tips to make commodore more dirtbike towing worthy?

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Are you thinking like a car bra type thing?
Out in the bush there may be some roads that have decent ruts and what not in them, i wouldn't want the bodykit to be dragging a fair distance, and if it gets hit hard enough there is a possibility it could snap off?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I seem to recall hearing the country pack came with a sump protector, and it's possible the one that came stock on VZ's (and possibly VY?) might bolt straight onto a VT. Also there is the stock country pack suspension to consider, it's not stupidly high, but gives you a bit more room to play with.

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
get a mate to take ur bike for you? or just get a shitty ute, my mate picked up a moti ute for $500 bucks. Gets from A to B

Thats what i have been doing now....but there are times when its spare of the moment, everybody is busy and you just wanna go!!

A moty ute is another possible option...for $500!? Thats crazy...If i could get a moty ute for $500 with a rwc id be laughin...but id say thats impossible :p

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
no its not mate, i got my vn for 950 with rego.....

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
no its not mate, i got my vn for 950 with rego.....

...are you for real?! You got your vn for $950, with a rwc?! family friend or something though right....?

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
dude just jump on ebay or carsales and search everything from cheapest first...you'll be amazed at the bomby tow cars you could find. best thing is they dont really need insurance, just third party. i got my vl country pack for 1500 with 8 months rego...goes everywhere. i'd hate to think what i could do with a old hilux or rodeo.

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Thats a friggin sweet idea, ill scout around now and see what i can find.