Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tire shine ?

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
whats the best product to put on the outer tire to make the rubber shiny without it ending up on the paintwork when i drive ? i used meguires endurance gloss gel and it sprayed my shiny white car with black greasy spots all over the paint .

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Best thing to do with any tyre shine product is to wipe the tyre over with a clean rag after application to remove the excess.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Last edited:

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Apply, let sit for how ever long, then remove excess

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
A gentle wipe over using a cloth with a little glycerine on it.

yamahahatim

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss crewman
Seems your not the only one who is frustrated by the tyre shine platter, its annoyed me for years....I have done a old school method, very time consuming, but excellent results.... Black boot polish!!!! works best if tyre is new, with no other tyre shine stuff on prior, start with a good scrub to remove any oils/loose rubber bits... as per cleaning your shoes, the more elbow grease the better shine....... Takes a few applications to work best, and then you'll reap the reward for all the work... It will last ages, a quick wipe down after wash and tyres look awesome..... BONUS no **** flicking all over clean car!!!!

Last edited:

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
I use turtle wax tyre shine. Spray on, put can away then drive car without splatter.

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
i went and bought a $20 Meguiar's NXT Generation Insane Shine Tire Coating Spray . i thought a spray was gonna be better but this stuff was like spray on gel, the spray pattern was **** and went all over the rims , not good stuff to use if your on 20'' with 35 profile . looks like im gonna need to find some thing better thats applied by hand .

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
I just use that cheap and nasty stuff from Supercheap, Autobarn in a aerosol can. I just spray it on leave it for a while and wipe off the excess stays good for a week or two.