Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To Keep Or not to Keep!

fitykemp

VH SL/E 1981
Reaction score
Members Ride
81 SL/E
does anyone know how much it would roughly cost to get a panel beater to cut a lil bit or rust and straighten the body of a vh sedan? and also can they fix crushed sills?

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I'll give you an idea. My Mum's Lancer had her back left bumper scraped. All that is showing is really the trucks white paint. This is a basic job to do. They do need to remove the bumper and respray it though. The 3 quotes were about $777, $788 and $980.

So your job will be anything up to $1000 or more. Try and find a small independant place that might look crap on the outside but on the inside might offer a lot cheaper prices. I did that once with my car. A guy charged me $500 instead of $1000 like other places.

fatboy2869

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 1982 commodore/WB ute x2 VP commodore
Where do u live mate, Couse if u live in the Brisbane area i might be able to help u out

Last edited:

fitykemp

VH SL/E 1981
Reaction score
Members Ride
81 SL/E
cheers for the replys guys doesnt sound like it will be too bad, i dont need a show car after all. Cheers anyway fatboy but i live in melbourne. ps have you got any pics of your sle?

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Yeah it reaaly depends on what the car means to you and how much you have spent on it already, If you got it cheap and will send it to the wreckers after you have driven it into the ground just cut and shut with some bog. If its a long term project and you want it to last and are planning to one day sell it and upgrade fix it properly.

Find a back yarder to do it.

I'll ask my mate he's a spraypainter by trade and he might know someone.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
offer to pay cash with no receipt to the panelbeater for the repair. they'll fix it cheaper coz they dont have to pay gst or anything. downside is if they do a shoddy job they dont really need to fix it for you.