Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To nudge or not to nudge that is the question?

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
Guys im seeking some advice, I would like to fit some HID spotties to the front of my VZ exec but Im not sure whether to go for a light bar or a nudgie (are nudgies gay? you dont see too many nowadays) Has anyone fitted a nudge to their vz id appreciate some pics to see the different styles that are out there.

Also what size spotties should i be looking at, my mate who is a keen 4wd'r said something about light force 170's with self contained ballasts can anyone offer buying advice for the spotties.

cheers ta much

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS , VZ UTE, VL GROUP A
East coast bullbars have a great web site with loads of photos of all the different model commodores including VZ with different styles and sizes of nudge bar.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Depends on what ur preference is. Light bars are likely to vibrate when drivng, making up a bracket the sit behind the light bar inside the bumper bar, to provide more strength.

Drivers | Hella Australia Pty Ltd

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
well price is a factor

50 bucks:
DSCF1885.jpg

or 150+ for a full size nudge:
11983d1139210136-roo-bull-nudge-bar-nudgebar5.jpg

if you only want something to hold lights, id go a light bar, as you can easily remove it when its not needed.

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Lightforce are from what I hear great quality and suffer from little vibration courtesy of some clever South Australian design and manufacturing techniques. I think you'll be right if you stick with them, although I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. There are some bad chinese imitations that look similar but vibrate like hell, so buy good quality

I contemplated getting a nudge bar when I lived in the country as I had a few close calls with Skippy but now I've moved to the city there's no need.

If you are doing serious time out bush go for something with complete frontal coverage like a bull bar.

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
Well just an update i fitted some light force 140's today on a light bar I will see how i go with the light bar, though i love the look of that nudgie on the blue VZ above. My car looks like an undercover cop car now

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Whatever you do, don't put large round driving lights onto your car. They look crappy. As your car has rectangular lights. I would suggest rectangular shaped d/l's. You shoudn't notice any drop in performace so long as you buy quality. Hella, Bosch, etc. When installing a relay, remember that the switching is EARTH switching NOT POSITIVE switching. They should be wired to activate when high beam is selected and off when high beam deactivated. Don't forget to have an independent switch so that you can disable them when using high beam particularly in built up areas - WITHOUT adequate street lighting.