Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To supercharge or not

andrewcowley74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr gts
Hey people,
I have a 2016 clubsport “track edition” and there’s only 150 made (plus a few to Nz)
Do you think it’s devalued if I add $15k worth of supercharger/tune etc or will it hold its value as a more standard engine.
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1939.jpeg
    IMG_1939.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 42

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
If you want to sell it. Keep it standard.
If you want to have fun and are set on the Charger then modify it.

If you go the later, keep all the stock bits so you can always go back.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Forget it.
No one with a brain will want it.

Hey people,
I have a 2016 clubsport “track edition” and there’s only 150 made (plus a few to Nz)
Do you think it’s devalued if I add $15k worth of supercharger/tune etc or will it hold its value as a more standard engine.
Cheers
images.jpeg-36.jpg

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Chuck the blower on it.
Enjoy the thing and fark what anyone else reckons. As said, keep all the stock stuff and it can be returned to stock if you want to sell it.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
If you have the "spare coin" then do it, as stated you can always return to stock and flip the blower later on

It won't add value, but a good kit won't devalue it

I have a Harrop 2300 on a LS1 running the biggest pulley that fits mine (80mm gives 7 psi) and it is awesomeballs, mine makes 500hpatw reliability and is heaps of power for a street car

It has also run a 11.02 @ 124 mph at the drags

Gossie is the king of negativity to any modifications, IMO Gossie would be the boring guy at the party that everyone avoids
were-not-compatible-not-a-good-match.gif

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
To supercharge or not, is not the question, When to supercharge is the question! (and the answer is when-ever you can).

Chuck the blower on it.
Enjoy the thing and fark what anyone else reckons. As said, keep all the stock stuff and it can be returned to stock if you want to sell it.

Sage advice.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Car was devalued the moment you bought it.....So supercharging it isn't going to matter.

So I say if you've got the coin do it and if it comes time to sell, give the prospective buyer the option on whether they want it supercharged or not....

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Hey people,
Cheers
Honestly depends on how many kilometres your car has, and whether you want to sell it eventually... If your car hasn't been a garage queen all it's life and hasn't got ridiculously low km, then I'd say go for it! Just keep the standard parts if you ever want to turn it back to stock and invest in quality parts and tunes, as you will thank yourself later...