Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To those in Sydney

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Yes it is mate.

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
My girlfriend and her parents were evacuated from their homes due to the fires, and after helping them get all their animals and stuff back to their place, I could see why! Horrible stuff.

I was really impressed by the warning system though. To every mobile phone in the area, text messages and automated phone calls are made which inform people periodically on the status of the situation, and also inform people about how to prepare for the fire (pretty much the list that somebody posted a few posts back).

In my opinion, this is an awesome system which I think aids greatly in keeping people safe. Kudos to whoever implemented it.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I honestly think we need a law like they have in the USA. You must pull over and come to a complete stop when an emergency vehicle approaches from behind you. If traveling on an undivided road with island dividing, both sides must stop.

Unfortunately, the majority of problem drivers cause problems in intersection. We've had cases where we've had to turn right across traffic, plenty of room for oncoming traffic to give way, and they don't. Same in traffic lights, we've done the right thing by ensuring we have a safe passage through a red light (or roundabout), and drivers who were stopped get moving and go through anyway. Usually it's P platers. It's possible this is just my area though, I'm sure that there is better driver responsibility in some areas compared to others.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
i once saw a van get knocked over by a firetruck. the van was turning left and looked like he thought he could outrun it. turns out he couldnt, got nudged and tipped over.

there was a small cheer from some bystanders, sadly the firetruck had to stop to check on the dudes welfare. meanwhile someones house burned down.

just another reason to have your window down and music low IMO. too many people are completely oblivious to whats happening around them.