Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Today is the day....

YootDriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY10
Well after a couple of false starts over the past few days due to timing issues, I am picking up my VE SS UTE in Poison Ivy at 12.00 TODAY. Have the afternoon off so I can get a good start on the running in and setting up the Bluetooth etc, it has to go back on monday to have the alarm and hard tonneau cover fitted.
They have done well to get it here in under 2 weeks since I signed for it - we are going on holidays monday week so the pressure was on and they've come through with the goods, I've got the camera and will take a few pics from a nice spot out there somewhere.....

Cheers John

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
Well after a couple of false starts over the past few days due to timing issues, I am picking up my VE SS UTE in Poison Ivy at 12.00 TODAY. Have the afternoon off so I can get a good start on the running in and setting up the Bluetooth etc, it has to go back on monday to have the alarm and hard tonneau cover fitted.
They have done well to get it here in under 2 weeks since I signed for it - we are going on holidays monday week so the pressure was on and they've come through with the goods, I've got the camera and will take a few pics from a nice spot out there somewhere.....

Cheers John

Cant wait to see photo's mate. Please post them up inside and out and even engine bay & underneath very keen to see the changes :)

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
very happy for you bud.

take a camera and have the salesman take a pic of you sitting in the drivers seat of your new pride and joy :). try and get the interim label in there and the dealership in the background, so its obvious later on when looking through pics where you were at the time.
then show us your big grinning face! :)

SSV_2720

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV UTE M6
its a good feeling isnt it! im only a couple of days from travelling up to sydney to pick mine up too :) good luck with it mate

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Make sure you go over it with a fine toothed comb in good daylight. Check the paint for any issues etc. Check for any scratches. You are also well within your rights to ask that it be put on a hoist so you can check for any possible gutter scrapes on spoilers, etc. Or anything else you may notice. Also gives good peace of mind. If tinting is part of the deal, check it from all angles inside and out for scratches etc. You are also able to request a "test drive" before it's signed into your name.

I did all that when I recently picked up my brand new car. Found some tint scratches and a hair between glass and film in the rear windscreen. Scratches would be hard to prove it was pre-delivery if I didn't highlight them before I drove off. Same goes for paint, rim and spoiler damage.

I also recommend you sit in the driver's seat with the manual and read it cover to cover. :D It's relaxing and exciting at the same time and I guarantee you'll learn something you didn't know.

Most importantly, enjoy.

Oh, and try to take someone with you who will be less excited about it. In your excitement it's easy to miss something.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Make sure you go over it with a fine toothed comb in good daylight. Check the paint for any issues etc. Check for any scratches. You are also well within your rights to ask that it be put on a hoist so you can check for any possible gutter scrapes on spoilers, etc. Or anything else you may notice. Also gives good peace of mind. If tinting is part of the deal, check it from all angles inside and out for scratches etc. You are also able to request a "test drive" before it's signed into your name.

I did all that when I recently picked up my brand new car. Found some tint scratches and a hair between glass and film in the rear windscreen. Scratches would be hard to prove it was pre-delivery if I didn't highlight them before I drove off. Same goes for paint, rim and spoiler damage.

I also recommend you sit in the driver's seat with the manual and read it cover to cover. :D It's relaxing and exciting at the same time and I guarantee you'll learn something you didn't know.

Most importantly, enjoy.

Oh, and try to take someone with you who will be less excited about it. In your excitement it's easy to miss something.

This is about your best post.... ever