Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Todd VN Calais 1988

vn88calais

Perth Representative
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY Commodore 2002
hey dudes and dudettes...wats been goin on, well havent done a cardomain update on my ride just yet, so i decided to post here first, got some new rims for the VN Calais today hey...looks really good...

The Rims:
IMG_0338.jpg

Comparing 15inch VN Calais, with my new 17inch VY SV6:
IMG_0337.jpg

so yeah they r my new ones and im gonna paint my calipers Aluminium to basically blend in with the calais trim :)

i got them for $600 from a mate retail value off jhp.com.au and wheelking.com.au averages between $1495 - $1550 so yer i got them with fairly good tread, Bridgestone Potenza tyres and yeah...so should be on the car by the end of tomoz!!

let me know wat u think i'll put more pics on as i get done ok!

Cheers, Todd

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Hmm...yeah those rims will make it look heaps better...
If it was my pride and joy and I was on a budget...I'd probablly just search for a VP GTS Kit, then respray and paint the window surrounds black...and leave it at that...

Adzzaman

Powered By Buick
Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Nice car champ, rims should look good on it, get some pics up asap.

vn88calais

Perth Representative
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY Commodore 2002
ok i have a few pics of when i first put the rims on, but only gonna put one pic on of:
rear - vn calais 15inch
front - vy sv6/sv8 17inch

ok i havent got n e good pics yet, and i'll show u another pic of the car after i took it for a trip, when i took a shot in the carpark...i also have a little video which i'll add the link if n e body would like to watch it...

15inch VN Calais on Rear, 17inch VY SV6/SV8 on Front
IMG_0346.jpg

The New Stance of Looking Mean And Sweet on 17s
IMG_0349.jpg

Video
http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f139/malice05/?action=view&current=Moviewmv.flv

**Ignore My Car Domain Site From Now On, Having Difficulties Uploading Pics To There Site, So Im Gonna Rebuild a New One and will keep you guys all informed when its up and running**

I'll post some more pics of it in the next few weeks, i'll prob go down to the Swan river and get some good background shots or something, well i'll go on a day when its clear skyes lol...

Hahahaha yeah the last thing id wanna do is run over the cat lol...shes a great lil cat a lil annoyed she got in the way of my picture, but it's life! lol

As for a VP GTS kit, nah man i'll pass, the whole reason igot the VN Calais was side skirts, i hate seeing VN's with kits on theres so many in perth, the only VN that should have a kit in my opinion is an SS...but yer thats just my outlook on it, i got the vn calais so itd have the side skirtings, and also because it would be better than the people at school with there vn commodores, and berlina. just my opinion though.

the tyres look a little bald in that first pic i posted but in fact theres a fair bit of tread, i'll be able to get about 5-6 months before i'll need to replace them, and i dont plan on doing many if not n e burnouts with them on, at $300 a tyre, lol Bridgestone Potenza's...lol gotta love the classy brands...

cheers guys n e feed back will be great

cheers, Todd

vn88calais

Perth Representative
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY Commodore 2002
thanx for the comments Vn2nV and Wes greatly appreciated, yeah i looked at getting rims for ages and ages and ages...i couldnt make my mind up, then iwanted VY SS...i was all gun-ho about it, until every second commodore before the vy started getting them, so i decided to look at others, the ones i really want are the VX R8 Clubsport Rims, but at the price the Shadows are at, its not really worth it, avter that i thort VX GTS, and i had a look at the VR Clusport ones, VT SS, VX SS and VY Series2 Calais...but yeah theres always anther commodore that i can always put one of those sets on.

I'm really happy with the SV6/SV8 VY ones, the best thing about these rims are the fact i havent seen a single commodore that isnt an SV6/SV8 with these on, thus making my car extremely unique!! haha...

next on my agenda is:
- Tint
- Slotted Disc Rotors (front and rear)...

tint i have been wanting for a while now but havent really been bothered to get, and i need to change my disc rotors now as the original ones looks sort of old and appear to be rusting :s i dunno, they are definatley the original ones that are on it, 1988 genuine ones...

well i'll keep u guys posted, and have a good one

cheers, Todd

vn88calais

Perth Representative
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY Commodore 2002
so now my cardomain has been redone, too many pics to post in here, u guys have gotten all the recent ones...umm but yeah feel free to check out the new cardomain

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2384544

dont use the one in my nick, i have to change it!!

cheers, Todd

WhiteLion85

Cruze sleepR style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SS Group 3 Clone
:yeah: hi vn88calais nice looking calais you have. nice n straight. any future mods for the engine or maybe an upgrade?:yeah: