Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

too early for a dyno???

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
hey all i just got my new motor back from a rebuild. it has only just rolled onto 100k's im getting it tuned by greenfoam, n would like to know if a dyno run would be too much on a new motor? i was gonna wait till i least rack up 1000+ks. would like to also know what the car has to rev at to get a dyno reading

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate... Its better to be safe that sorry. Wait till you get to whatever the recommended Ks are.

brockee

(HOUSE OF POWER)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 SENATOR SIG CAMMD A4
hey mate what sorta work got done to it????:thumbsup:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Wait till after your 1000k's run in oil change, that way the cam has had time to be run in and the engine has settled.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Most rebuilt engines perform best after 2000klms. some people say its fine after the rings been bedded but i'd prefer to wait a couple of thousand first

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
I waited until 1500km's until I put mine on the dyno, best to be safe I reckon. You need to allow time for the cam to run in and at least until your first oil change to get rid of all the run in fluids and such. Speak to your engine builder, some people slap it on the dyno straight after the build and rev it to redline, but that just doesn't sit right in my head. What did you end up doing to the engine?

FusionX

Reaction score
Go by what your engine builder says. I find a 30 minute drive can run in a motor quite well, varying load/rpm and what not (yes there is a little trick to it).

Everyone has different methods, some are just more idiot proof then others.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
every motor a have ever had built incuding 355,383,400,202,ls1,rb30 i have always run them in on the dyno and never had any problems ,once the rings bed in its fine and a cam only takes 2 mins to run in,with piston rings there either going to bed in or not

brockee

(HOUSE OF POWER)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 SENATOR SIG CAMMD A4
highrollr z right there !!!!!dyno straight away tune freeway run bita tuning again done .ive never had a prob:thumbsup:nice rig highrollr beasty !!!! gonin to c4c mate:thumbsup: