Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Too mays Ks??

LaCroix

Reaction score
thanks guys i'm going to an auto broker thingo guy thats a friend of my girls father and see what he can come up with.

as you can tell i know jack about cars in general but getting better. i spend more time working with electronics and pcs lol.

anything i should look out for?

Indy_387

Reaction score
Try to get:

Power Windows
Cruise Control
ABS

I cant live without any of them.

sparky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon
My VX is about 1000k away from hitting 300k and i've had no problems with it so far. It just depend on how they have been looked after

VTS07

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VT S series II
Sorry if its been done before.

i'm looking to get a VT ser2 of some sort. (v6 only)
been having a little trouble finding one i'm happy with due to condition and how many ks its done.
now i'm wondering how many ks is too many for a VT?

basically i'm wanting to know what problems there are in VTs with over 200000ks or more or what is a good number of ks to looks for?
i know less ks the better but i only have limited funds say max of $10000 and most VTs in that range i've seen have been over 200000ks

I wouldnt get a VT with anymore than 150,000kms.
My parents have a VT Series II wagon and the power steering pump had to be replaced at 110,000 due to leaks and it wouldnt pass rego...
My VT S has done 146,000kms and the fuel pump is noisy - must be on its way out? and the powersteering pump needs to be replaced possibly along with the PS rack...

i regret not buying a VT with around 100,000kms on the clock but these are only minor problems which happen to alot of VTs, so just make sure u get any car inspected and you should be fine.

kaishiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac Manual.
you want to buy a car that has done less then 20,000kms per year. in your case a 2000 model VT should have 20,000kms x 7years = 140,000kms on the clock. you should be able to find a pretty decent one under 10K if you are looking at autos. there are heaps around. keep searching for the right one dude.

Peasant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual Black
how bout buy my VX series 2 Silver S Pac. Its in immac condition, im the second owner. Check the for sale section.

buggzy

Reaction score
I bought my VT series 2 supercharged S pac for $14,200 nearly 3 years ago now with 80,000 on the clock it now has 140,000 and I havent had a problem its been great. I have had power steering pump changed under warranty thats all.